TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla loan comparison spreadsheet - auto updates hourly

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by T3slaMecca, Sep 5, 2018.

Tags:
  1. DirtnStreet

DirtnStreet Member

The spreadsheet shows Allegacy Credit Union at 3.99%. They actually have 3.19% up to 66 months for good credit.

2. T3slaMecca

T3slaMecca Member

It shows 3.19 to me, probably needed to update. It updates every 4 hours.

3. endollan

endollan New Member

I hope others have better luck with finding a low rate in the SoCal area. I've looked at Pasadena FCU and opened an account to discover that I can't read because the rate of 2.74 is AFTER you have a checking account(with auto pay) and a credit card application. Without doing that they just send you a PDF of the amount they loan you, ie(You're approved for $35,000). No term or rate indicating anything.

Also applied with BoA and got 3.54% and that was easily approved. I'll fall to this rate if I can't find anywhere else.

How are everyone doing the lightstream rate beat approval especially when having them beat PFCU? Do you call them up and tell them to beat the PFCU website rate? or do you have to present the final loan amount that PFCU send you?

• Helpful x 1
  4. Neon001

Neon001 Member

What was the term for the BoA loan? 60 months?

I'm slow curious how folks are getting lightstream to match an auto loan (collateral) with a personal loan. Just looking at the website it pretty clearly states it needs to be an equivalent loan in all terms (duration, type, etc) for the match to be honored. Would love to use them again if I can, especially if it means I can avoid a lien.

5. endollan

endollan New Member

The BoA loan was for 60 months at 3.49%

• Helpful x 1
  6. Neon001

Neon001 Member

I'm not sure what the protocol is about adding other banks/credit unions to the spreadsheet, so I'll just list the info here.

Freedom Federal Credit Union has the following rates for new vehicle purchases:
    Up to 48 months - 2.89%
    49-63 months - 3.29%
    64-75 months - 3.74%
    76-84 months (min $20k) - 4.65%

Stipulations: rates include a 0.25% discount for having e-statements (as opposed to paper) and automated payments

Membership qualifications: "Membership in Freedom Federal Credit Union is open to anyone who lives, works, worships, attends school, volunteers, or has family in Harford County [MD]"

Rates aren't the best out there, but they certainly beat Navy Federal, Pentagon Federal, and APG Federal for those of us in Harford County, and honestly their qualifications are so broad folks well outside of Harford could no doubt qualify.

7. Jazz_MIII

Jazz_MIII Member

Wow nice, I added some local Northern CA Credit Unions, Schools FCU and SAFE!

8. hcook24

hcook24 Member

Got this info from my guy at my credit union; Kinecta FCU in Tustin, CA

These are the "As low as" rates for new 2019 vehicles. They assume a .25% discount for auto payments from a kinecta membership and top tier credit. Increasing the term increases the rate, and upon approval you're required to open a membership either online or in person. Membership is open to ANYONE in the US; if you don't live, or work in their select zip codes (Southern CA basically), or have a direct family member/household member that's a member, or work for one of their select employer groups (you can find those on their website www.kinecta.org) then they can qualify you through the Santa Monica Co-op, which is usually a $10 charge but they're covering it for new members right now. Anyway, here are the rates:

Up to 48 months: 3.14%
    Up to 60 months: 3.64% (min. $10,000)
    Up to 72 months: 3.79% (min. $15,000)
    Up to 84 months: 4.09% (min. $25,000)

Here's the contact info if you have any other questions:
    phone: (714)259-1354 ask for Hassan
    email: [email protected]

9. endollan

endollan New Member

After calling multiple credit unions got tired and went with this https://fpcu.org

They were offering 2.99% for 60 months.

10. ntpphong

ntpphong Member

Went with LAFCU, very smooth process. 84mo 3.24% with membership.

11. oneplusinc

oneplusinc Member

We got a Fairwinds CU loan... 0.89% for 36mos

12. aa007

aa007 New Member

Are you referring to LA FInancial CU, or LA federal CU? Can I ask what you're credit rating needed to be to get this rate?

13. ntpphong

ntpphong Member

LA Financial CU, my wife and I are both 800+, but according to the loan lady, they consider only the highest score if you have co-sign.

14. aa007

aa007 New Member

Thanks for the clarification!