Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla loan comparison spreadsheet - auto updates hourly

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And here it says you can donate by mail or email:

Support the Austin Public Library

"You may make a financial donation using the Library's Donation Form or by donating in person at any Library location. The Donation Form allows you to designate how your donation will be spent. Donations may be made in any amount.

Mail the completed Donation Form to:

Austin Public Library
PO Box 2287
Austin, TX 78768-2287

Alternatively, the completed form can be scanned and emailed to [email protected]. Questions? Call Azalia Villarreal at 512-974-7449."

I actually called the CU and the woman on the phone mentioned that the car has to be registered in TX in order to get loan approval. JUST an FYI, if you're not actually a TX native!

@T3slaMecca you should add GEFCU to the list. They have an open membership (just a $15 donation) and currently have the lowest rates for up to 72 months of any open membership CU...
Thanks for the heads up! Added to the sheet. They are going to get hit HARD, if you're on the fence, hop on these rates now. They are guaranteed to go up within months.

Anyone know their rate lock days & max financing %?

Last edited:
And here it says you can donate by mail or email:

Support the Austin Public Library

"You may make a financial donation using the Library's Donation Form or by donating in person at any Library location. The Donation Form allows you to designate how your donation will be spent. Donations may be made in any amount.

Mail the completed Donation Form to:

Austin Public Library
PO Box 2287
Austin, TX 78768-2287

Alternatively, the completed form can be scanned and emailed to [email protected]. Questions? Call Azalia Villarreal at 512-974-7449."
I get that you can donate to the APL online, I am just pointing out that that does not automatically make you a member (or at least that's what I think), and to become a member, you will need to complete a membership application.

I get that you can donate to the APL online, I am just pointing out that that does not automatically make you a member (or at least that's what I think), and to become a member, you will need to complete a membership application.

The lady I spoke to definitely confirmed that you could become a member by donating $15 to the library, but she said you had to go in person, and the car needs to be a TX registered car to be approved for a loan.... so it's not really "open" to all, it's "open" to those in TX tho!

• Informative
Reactions: T3slaMecca
I went rounds with Tesla finance today
1. They approved at 72 Month term but NOT a 60 month term.
2. All the banks Tesla has use Simple interest for their loans. In english there is no prepayment penalty but you will still own
72 months worth of 3.x percent interest even if you want to pay the entire loan off after the first payment.
3. Get approved by Tesla but work on getting Financed with a bank or credit union where you can prepay without penalty or interest.
The money you save could be the down payment on your next ride.

I am ready to order my Model 3 and am looking for a little assistance/reassurance in the process.

I am planning on financing through one of the cu on the spreadsheet but I see others talking about Tesla financing and wonder if I should also apply through them. Can I apply for the cu first or does it matter which one I apply through first?

Status
Not open for further replies.