Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla loan comparison spreadsheet - auto updates hourly

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh, I got approved at 5.74% with an 825 credit score. This is my first big/long term loan so I guess that had something to do with it.
this post is awesome... too bad at the time when I bought it, I got pissed because none of the banks would give me a loan, so I bought my P3D cash ;....(

I was a little annoyed the first credit union turned me down. The second did accept me (so I’m for sure getting one! Yay!) but at a higher interest rate then they advertised as being the lowest. (5.74 vs a 3.99) That’s with an 815 credit score! But I don’t have a mortgage or even a loan term auto loan on my credit history (just a 3 year lease and a couple unsecured 24 month loans that were both paid off in 12 months and of course about 12 years of credit cards).

I’m paying taxes and fees out of pocket but only putting about 7% down on the actual sales cost of the vehicle... maybe I’ll call my CU and ask if I put a little more down if that’ll lower the rate, or if it’s just because I don’t have a history of “big” loans...

I once was told I couldn’t get less than 7% interest on a loan as I had no “auto loan credit history”. Then I took my 800+ credit score and business elsewhere and got 2.49% from another lender. Think you’re getting taken to the cleaners with some bullsh. I would shop around.

I once was told I couldn’t get less than 7% interest on a loan as I had no “auto loan credit history”. Then I took my 800+ credit score and business elsewhere and got 2.49% from another lender. Think you’re getting taken to the cleaners with some bullsh. I would shop around.

I might give it a shot. Rates around here jump up pretty quick unfortunately, I only identified two or three credit unions with real low rates, everyone else was like 4.15 and up for the “best rates.”

I wish there were some real competitive nation wide lenders but it doesn’t seem like there are as many rock bottom options as a few years ago.

I'm looking at the same situation since this is my first auto loan. I do have an 800+ CR and boatload of student loans paid off but your experience might not bode well for me. I'm looking into an option that might be able to get me down to "as low as 2.49%" but it's an employee CU so not exactly publicly available.

I'm looking at the same situation since this is my first auto loan. I do have an 800+ CR and boatload of student loans paid off but your experience might not bode well for me. I'm looking into an option that might be able to get me down to "as low as 2.49%" but it's an employee CU so not exactly publicly available.

I’m going for a long loan term so that might hurt some as well, but they did still advertise that term as starting at 3.99.... then gave me 5.74...

I could pay more for a shorter term, but coming from a $318/mo payment I feel nervous jumping a huge amount. I feel safer paying more (extra) monthly to beat the interest vs being tied into a higher payment. I figure my job is pretty stable, but I never know now after what we saw during our last recession. I also might be trying for a house in a couple years, especially if the market cools or goes down some, so keeping a lower DTI ratio right now could allow me to qualify for more later... and of course until then I could still pay as if the loan term was a year or two shorter. Just wouldn’t be screwed if something happened down the road or miss a qualification by *just that much*

spend the $25 and actually open an accounting and go through loan application process
you need to get formally approved by pfcu (not pre approval letter) in order to get rate beat from lightstream
here is the tricky part...in order to get final loan application from pfcu...you also need MVPA from tesla...but tesla normally won't send it to you until 2~3 days before delivery date...
so the whole process is something like
get pre approved by both pfcu and lightstream
call tesla everyday to get MVPA with pfcu financing terms (and might need to delay delivery if not enough time)
once get final loan application from pfcu...send loan disclosure page (the one with all the numbers and terms) to lightstream for rate beat (adjust your pre approved amount to match what's on pfcu term sheet)
once lightstream approves rate beat, sign the loan application online and wire the money to your account asap
call tesla to change payment to cash instead of financing
wire money from lightstream to tesla
hopefully timing works out and get unsecured loan at 2.64%

I'm trying to go through this process right now, did you have to open a checking and visa with them as well as a part of the process? i'm trying to avoid that portion of it, but maybe its inevitable.

Anyone living in NY, if you need a loan. Bethpage Credit Union prices are pretty good. Haven't found cheaper, been looking for a week.

60 month - 3.14%
72 month - 3.44%

Auto Loans | New, Used & Refinancing Car Loan Rates | Bethpage FCU

Riverland FCU is 2.24% for 60 month, that's who I used. It's on the spreadsheet now too. Dunno about 72 as I was only interested in 60.

Note that it doesn't matter where you live. Anyone can join. I'm in Philly for instance. You just need to become a member of the arts council, but the cost for that is easily made up by the thousands you'd pay in interest getting a higher rate elsewhere.

Reactions: tvguy710
Riverland FCU is 2.24% for 60 month, that's who I used. It's on the spreadsheet now too. Dunno about 72 as I was only interested in 60.

Note that it doesn't matter where you live. Anyone can join. I'm in Philly for instance. You just need to become a member of the arts council, but the cost for that is easily made up by the thousands you'd pay in interest getting a higher rate elsewhere.

That's really good to know, thank you!!!

I'm surprised since one if their stipulation that stopped me from further investigation with them was this line on their website:
"Please note that the Riverland Credit Union benefit is reserved for local artists and arts patrons."

Applied today through Tesla Website. Got 72 month - 3.44% Chase. M3 AWD, FSD

I am surprised at this rate without using credit union. I am credit union member but new loan rates are higher.

Any one have ideas about Fed rate decision this coming week? I believe its expected to be a .25% cut.
Would an already approved loan benefit ? Its not much but maybe fed surprises with a .50% cut.

Applied today through Tesla Website. Got 72 month - 3.44% Chase. M3 AWD, FSD

I am surprised at this rate without using credit union. I am credit union member but new loan rates are higher.

Any one have ideas about Fed rate decision this coming week? I believe its expected to be a .25% cut.
Would an already approved loan benefit ? Its not much but maybe fed surprises with a .50% cut.

Did it show 4.25% before you went through the application?

I found a local credit union that offers 1.99% but only on a refinance, which is obnoxious.

How long did it take them to process the membership application and loan? I put a deposit down Saturday and am planning to pick up Thursday...not sure if that gives me enough time.

Status
Not open for further replies.