Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla login for TuneIn radio

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How do I find the Tesla login for TuneIn? I have the TeslaMotors login for Slacker which allows managing stations etc. from another device. I would like to manage TuneIn stations, favorites etc. from another device also.

You can use your own free TuneIn account. At least in Europe, you can.

I manage my favorites, podcasts, etc on my very old and free TuneIn account on my phone and everything shows up on my MCU.

Please can you explain how ? ...
I'm in UK and struggling to log into my (free) Tunein account .. login page on the tesla just goes blank and timer spins (for ever !)
I'm not interested in sport so Tunein premium is not for me.

Thanks in advance :) ... Mark

No need for premium. Free works perfect.
I had initially troubles as I had the bad idea to create a free account using Google for authentication. Does not work with the Tesla.
Just create a basic free account, and chose to create a TuneIn account.
Hope this helps.

Please can you explain how ? ...
I'm in UK and struggling to log into my (free) Tunein account .. login page on the tesla just goes blank and timer spins (for ever !)
I'm not interested in sport so Tunein premium is not for me.

Thanks in advance :) ... Mark
Which login page goes blank? You're not doing this on the web browser, are you?

You do this directly on the Tunein tab in the Media Player app on your Tesla:

IMG_9767.jpg

An this is how the login window looks like after you press SIGN IN:

IMG_9769.jpg

Does this make sense or are you precisely having trouble with this login window?

• Informative
Reactions: jdr93
Thanks really helpful, I am not going mad ... It worked this time.

(With latest v9 Software release ..a bug fixed ? ).

Now to figure out how I get my favourites imported.

Next task.... is getting (free) Spotify account, including favourites, to replace Tesla account.

Again, all help REALLY appreciated.

Any updates on whether using your own TuneIn account is any different from using the built in one provided by Tesla?

Well, right now it's "broken". TuneIn shows me as logged in, but the menu items for my Favorites is now gone. It was there for a while under v9 firmware, but not for a while now. So it is exactly the same whether I am logged in or not. This is a pain because I have a number of stations, podcasts etc. organized into Favorites folders and I now cannot get to them like I used to be able to.

• Informative
Reactions: jdr93
Well, right now it's "broken". TuneIn shows me as logged in, but the menu items for my Favorites is now gone. It was there for a while under v9 firmware, but not for a while now. So it is exactly the same whether I am logged in or not. This is a pain because I have a number of stations, podcasts etc. organized into Favorites folders and I now cannot get to them like I used to be able to.

It's happening to me too.

What I do is, I open some arbitrary podcast, for example, and I press the "star" to make it a favorite. And this brings back the Favorites menu item with all my podcasts and radio stations.

The menu item disappears again when I leave the car and come back :confused:.

Reactions: mknox
I like using TuneIn for a lot of its Podcasts. But like what others have posted, each Podcast reverts back to the start every time I change stations instead of picking up from where I left off. Very irritating when some Podcasts are an hour or more long, and I have to find manually forward to where I was before. Wish there was a fix for this.

Thanks for the tip! Pain that it keeps disappearing, but at least it's a way to get to your favorites for now until Tesla fixes it.

I'm having the identical problem. I signed up for TuneIn premium (trial account), and still, nothing. The podcast I was previously listening to is no longer available. Last fall, there were no commercials. Then early this year, commercials started. Now, nothing. The only way I can get it to play is to launch the TuneIn app on my phone, log in to my new trial TuneIn Premium account, and start it from there. I log in to my account on the Tesla TuneIn page, and no favourites, cannot search the Podcast or its episodes, nothing. I reboot the centre screen, still nothing. I log out, and back in, and still nothing. It sounds like this is not an account privileges issue. Would you please confirm whether you believe that this has anything to do with a default Tesla TuneIn account (included with the MX purchase) that has expired, or is messing up? I don't think so, as I would think that Premium would give the best experience, and I'm no longer getting the same functionality that I used to.

I'm having the identical problem. I signed up for TuneIn premium (trial account), and still, nothing. The podcast I was previously listening to is no longer available. Last fall, there were no commercials. Then early this year, commercials started. Now, nothing. The only way I can get it to play is to launch the TuneIn app on my phone, log in to my new trial TuneIn Premium account, and start it from there. I log in to my account on the Tesla TuneIn page, and no favourites, cannot search the Podcast or its episodes, nothing. I reboot the centre screen, still nothing. I log out, and back in, and still nothing. It sounds like this is not an account privileges issue. Would you please confirm whether you believe that this has anything to do with a default Tesla TuneIn account (included with the MX purchase) that has expired, or is messing up? I don't think so, as I would think that Premium would give the best experience, and I'm no longer getting the same functionality that I used to.
AFAIK, there's no difference between using a premium and a free account for TuneIn with your Tesla.

The favorites trick still works for me. As of today, I used it as I always do. Just open a random podcast, mark as favorite using the star, see my favorites appear.

Which podcast are you not finding? Maybe I can try adding it to my favorites or searching for it directly within the center screen?

Will the account log in work if using your Facebook or Google account as opposed to a conventional email and p@ssword?

Has anyone solved this? If your TuneIn account says your password is "with accounts.google.com", how can you enter it? I went to change my current password but I don't know the old (Google) one to change it. I guess I could create an email ID account, but I just signed up for a paid account on the one that's Google-authenticated..?

I know - first-world problem, eh?
;)