Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Mobile Ranger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How do I get a mobile ranger to come out?

I've booked a service appointment in the app and hoped they would send a ranger (nearest SC is 100+ miles away)

I've heard nothing yet apart from from an email confirming the appointment at the SC.

Audio is dropping out and making popping noises every now and again. Tried a reboot but the noises have come back again.

Tried a reboot but the noises have come back again.
Did the reboot cure the problem, albeit temporarily? If so, it’s possibly more likely to be software than hardware.

I’ve got a problem with Spotify where the selections on the left menu disappear. This is also cured by a reboot, but then comes back a day or two later.

Let us know if Tesla do despatch a mobile ranger to you.

We had a ranger out yesterday, nice chap based out of Brum. We had an intermittent airbag warning and we asked if a ranger could come out when we reported on the app. They decide. I noted that it was a safety issue and that I was reluctant to drive 50 miles with it like that. They did a remote diagnosis and he fixed a loose connection under the back seat somewhere in a couple of minutes!

Great service and took about 5 days to arrange. I hope they are so proactive with my paint issue but it won't be a ranger that sorts that!

Reactions: -DB- and Roy W.
Did the reboot cure the problem, albeit temporarily? If so, it’s possibly more likely to be software than hardware.

I’ve got a problem with Spotify where the selections on the left menu disappear. This is also cured by a reboot, but then comes back a day or two later.

I also have the Spotify menu issue. Others do too and apparently it is a known issue. Apparently switching apps and back again can fix it; also shrinking and then enlarging the window - I didn't even know you could do the latter one but I'll give it a test. I'm hoping that an OTA update sorts that one.

Reactions: Roy W.
I also have the Spotify menu issue. Others do too and apparently it is a known issue. Apparently switching apps and back again can fix it; also shrinking and then enlarging the window - I didn't even know you could do the latter one but I'll give it a test. I'm hoping that an OTA update sorts that one.
That’s a helpful tip, I’ll try it next time it happens. Mrs Roy W finds it a bit unnerving when I reboot the system while driving :D

• Funny
Reactions: davidmc

Not sure if a reboot fixed it or if it was coincidence. I'll reboot again and see what happens. Its pretty annoying, all audio drops including parking sensors etc. It's a bit like a scratch on a record that blips every so often!

Not sure if a reboot fixed it or if it was coincidence. I'll reboot again and see what happens. Its pretty annoying, all audio drops including parking sensors etc. It's a bit like a scratch on a record that blips every so often!

Which model do you have? I have the exact same issue. It’s been in to Tesla over a week and required US engineering getting involved. It’s actually been traced back to a hardware issue and we’re having to replace the main computer.

if you run into trouble or it’s taking a while, PM me and I’ll send you my car details. Perhaps they can cross reference and save you diagnosis time.

Which model do you have? I have the exact same issue. It’s been in to Tesla over a week and required US engineering getting involved. It’s actually been traced back to a hardware issue and we’re having to replace the main computer.

if you run into trouble or it’s taking a while, PM me and I’ll send you my car details. Perhaps they can cross reference and save you diagnosis time.

Thanks, I’ll see if it comes back again and let you know.

Car is a model 3. Are you a 3 also?

Collected LRAWD on the 24th Aug. Heard a pop that day, even without any audio turned on. I rebooted and didn’t hear it again for a while but it is back again. I’ve rebooted this evening so will see if it comes back again.

That’s a helpful tip, I’ll try it next time it happens. Mrs Roy W finds it a bit unnerving when I reboot the system while driving :D
My wife called me once saying that the rear view camera wasn’t working...I told her to press both wheel buttons at the same time...this was followed by “EVERYTHING HAS SWITCHED OFF!! I DON’T KNOW HOW FAST IM GOING!”...30 seconds later the car rebooted, the camera was back up and I hung up ;)

• Funny
Reactions: davidmc and Roy W.
Collected LRAWD on the 24th Aug. Heard a pop that day, even without any audio turned on. I rebooted and didn’t hear it again for a while but it is back again. I’ve rebooted this evening so will see if it comes back again.

Yea. That’s exactly what happened to me. It was sporadic at first. I thought it was Bluetooth issues before I realised it was all sounds. here’s my thread. Have a listen to the video I put on there and let me know if it’s what you’re experiencing.

FWIW it was intermittent but now I have no audio at all!

Stuttering Audio/Low FPS Rear Camera/Stuttering Alert Tones

@drewpost - Thanks for the link. Mine isn't as bad as that, it almost sounds like a phono jack being put into an amp. I didnt have it this morning on the way to work so the software reboot must be doing something right. I'll see how long it last's and will let you know if it gets any worse.