Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 Announcement: $35k Model 3 Available, some price changes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
LR RWD has gone from $49,000 since I purchased it in August to $43,000. Even with the extra $3750 tax credit, it’s $2,250 cheaper than what I paid for it.

The price of early adaptation I guess!

People out there getting this car for $35k are getting a steal.

They definitely lowered the price of their cars.
LR RWD, MSM, Aero, EAP was $56,700 with delivery and doc fee in August 2018. It is now $48,700. That is freaking ridiculous. I am not happy. That’s $4250 difference after tax credits and that doesn’t even count the higher taxes and interest charges on my purchase.

Price cuts this drastic worry me that there may actually be a demand issue. Not enough people realize how amazing these cars are. If Tesla could throw us a bone for buying earlier that would be nice.

There is a difference between EAP and the new Autopilot. Notice how they worded it. It's a ~2000 diff
You are mistaken. Track Mode has never been listed before. At least it certainly wasn't listed last year. Also just because it lists a top speed increase has nothing to do with availability of Track Mode.

The original description for P3D w/ PUP was:
  • 20” Performance Wheels
  • Carbon fiber spoiler
  • Performance pedals
  • Increased top speed from 145mph to 155mph

No I am not mistaken. Track mode was added to PUP when they announced it in August. It's always been there.

Firstly, I did not think they would actually do this now. I'll eat my crow with a beer later.

But secondly, what is this I'm reading, you can only buy a Tesla online now? Isn't that how it was always done? I'm a bit confused.

Also, reading further, they're talking about closing stores? What is this? Some secret strategy to increase customer service?

And I'm sorry, but there's no way in hell I'm buying a car I cannot test drive first.

Firstly, I did not think they would actually do this now. I'll eat my crow with a beer later.

But secondly, what is this I'm reading, you can only buy a Tesla online now? Isn't that how it was always done? I'm a bit confused.

Also, reading further, they're talking about closing stores? What is this? Some secret strategy to increase customer service?

And I'm sorry, but there's no way in hell I'm buying a car I cannot test drive first.

What they are saying is that they are getting rid most of their sales staff. You can still buy the car and "test drive" for 7 days or 1000 miles. Return if you don't like.

Ouch. My $72,500 car is now $61,000 for the same config just 6 months later. Even after the $5k refund in December that is still painful. Oh well... it's good for the world overall I suppose.

Not much incentive to be another "Tesla early adopter" again after this experience o_O
Lets do some math on that.

$72,500
-$5,000 (refund from Tesla)
-$3,750 (Additional portion of tax credit you got over current)
$63,750

A difference of $2,750.

Considering you've been able to drive your car for 6 months more than someone else I am going to assume a bare minimum gas saving of $600.

Now your down to $2,150 "more". (minimum)

So lets say you paid an extra $2,000 to have your car 6 months sooner than someone else. Pretty damn well the same price at the end of the day.

• Disagree
Reactions: Zorg and FlyNavy01
What they are saying is that they are getting rid most of their sales staff. You can still buy the car and "test drive" for 7 days or 1000 miles. Return if you don't like.

So, I have to arrange a loan, complete the transaction, and then return the car if I don't like the way it suits me? And then go through all the trouble to get the money back and pay off the loan I just got?

I can't believe they are serious about this.

Website even says you can rent one for a roadtrip this way, if you wanted. What on earth.