Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla model 3 finger Ring key?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's actually $125, when you include expedited shipping from China. Of course, you can try to make your own epoxy ring for alot less. There are DIY ring kits that you can buy, and you can dissolve one of your key cards with acetone, and then make your own ring.

Interesting, I wonder if you could 3d print a ring with this in it.

Reactions: WarpedOne
Interesting, I wonder if you could 3d print a ring with this in it.

Yeah you can. You can put that chip in a lot of things and use it as a key. Que the vid of the woman implanting the chip into her arm.

I did a lot of research after I fist saw this thread because I think it would be really cool having a ring as a key as a backup vs a key card in my wallet. I read that teslas support NFC tags as keys now so I thought about buying an NFC ring off amazon to test it out but I haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Reactions: berkowitzbt
Yeah you can. You can put that chip in a lot of things and use it as a key. Que the vid of the woman implanting the chip into her arm.

I did a lot of research after I fist saw this thread because I think it would be really cool having a ring as a key as a backup vs a key card in my wallet. I read that teslas support NFC tags as keys now so I thought about buying an NFC ring off amazon to test it out but I haven't pulled the trigger yet.
If you do, please report back!

Did you try this yet? The current options of rings are a bit to thick for my tastes. Not sure if it’s because of the chip or what. My wedding band is very small compared to most men’s rings these days, I’m not using it to stabilize a skyscraper...

I'd like a format of a little flat sticker i could put inside my phone case. Even if the phone has worked for me, every single time. A whole card seems a hassle when trying to avoid carrying a wallet around.
You can melt down a card with acetone, leaving the RFID chip and the antenna wire. Just place that in your phone case, being careful not to break the wire, and keeping the wire in a circular shape. It'll be alot smaller, but alot more fragile. As long as you don't remove your phone case too often, it should be safe enough.

You can melt down a card with acetone, leaving the RFID chip and the antenna wire. Just place that in your phone case, being careful not to break the wire, and keeping the wire in a circular shape. It'll be alot smaller, but alot more fragile. As long as you don't remove your phone case too often, it should be safe enough.
Thanks, familiar w the process and have done similar things. Just lazy, and hoping for the lazyweb to take it on.

• Funny
Reactions: KenC

Curious, did you ever try this? I see decent-looking NFC rings on Amazon for as little as $7, if someone else has gotten it to work I'd do this in a heartbeat. Most of the other options I see online appear to be in the $100-$150 range, whether that's via Colmo, TeslaTrip, Cnick or another vendor.

Can you post some pics?

My wife got the white. I got the black. Went to a jewelry store for proper sizing. Took about a month.

49787322107_1c9b6c0a5a_c.jpg