Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in New Zealand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, I had to ask them how to open it too

AP isn’t perfect and you do need to be ready to act but in the places where it’s designed to work it does great. My wife doesn’t use it much and I’m still experimenting but when stuck in traffic it’s awesome and much more relaxing. It’s also fun to play with to and see how it reacts to different situations

Agreed, I use AP every day on the motorway
I couldn’t imagine rush hour without it now

Have they replaced the worn out exit keypad yet.
Getting out of Tesla Auckland HQ bit of an owners IQ test
Fail to decipher the cryptic keypad.... no Tesla for you
It's also a bit narrow and nerve-wracking in there with your brand-new car that you really don't want to scrape. I can't imagine I'll ever go in again, though that's mostly because I live in AKL and so see no reason to supercharge here. I could see its utility if you're passing through.

It's also a bit narrow and nerve-wracking in there with your brand-new car that you really don't want to scrape. I can't imagine I'll ever go in again, though that's mostly because I live in AKL and so see no reason to supercharge here. I could see its utility if you're passing through.
Free super charging is not worth the hassle in Auckland as its very cheap charging from home @16 cents and thats without pay on time discount.

Delivery was a great experience, Luke was excellent getting me settled and setup with the car. No rush as it was the last delivery of the day, I was able to have a good look all over the car and I was very pleased with the quality and paintwork.
I was offered coffee etc but didn't see anything obviously availabe in the owners lounge.

The drive home was right at rush hour, and it was busy on the motorway, the ride is awesome, smooth and very quiet. What a pleasure to drive, just need to get used to the regen braking while slowing down. Software is V9......... at the moment, hopefully it will update over the next week or so. The audio system is amazing.
Well that's disappointing I'd have thought by now they'd have done something about the tea/coffee situation in the owners lounge.
I had been imaging supping in the inner sanctum, while partaking of supercharger super juice for months before I got my car.
Summoned to the holiest of holies on D day, no tea or coffee or water to be had.
I put the lack of beverages down to the hordes of thirsty M3 owners picking up their new
cars
When I had a late night Supercharger session weeks later ...the cupboard was bare and your saying it's still the same
Sadly now it sounds like my dream will never be fulfilled

I’m curious... what power company do you use? I’ve got Powershop and in cheapest months it’s still over 19 cents during off peak.
Mercury with special deal they offered by phone last week. It costs more to have off peak as during the day it’s cost more and this is when you use most of your power. I have one rate 24 hours. I once tried Mercury off peak EV battery rate and it worked out 10% more expensive.

Last edited:
Reactions: CAM3RON
Mercury with special deal they offered by phone last week. It costs more to have off peak as during the day it’s cost more and this is when you use most of your power. I have one rate 24 hours. I once tried Mercury off peak EV battery rate and it worked out 10% more expensive.

Yeah I was ready to switch to this Mercury deal, but then Genesis my current provider contacted me and offered a better deal, so I stayed with them. Definitely play power companies off each other for the best deal if you can.

Software updates weren't happening, so I followed a suggestion made on the Aussie forum, requested a service appointment for software update. Lo and behold within half an hour my first update arrived and is loading now.

IMG_2894.png

Last edited: