Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in New Zealand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess its a matter of learning the quirks of this car, like region braking. Also left hand stalk for turning signals, was the same on my last car but my wifes car is the other side so I regularly turn the wipers on in her car.
I hope my car brakes whatever region I'm in! ;)

Seriously you'll find the car does so much for you
it's like what 50's predicted what cars would be doing in the future
well pretty much all except the flying bit ... unless you count 0-100kmph
....then nailed it !

With added software update spice

Once you get your car and you think the sweet torture of waiting for delivery is over
You're thinking my life is over what am I to do now that the future is here in my driveway.

Fear not, you don't have to put a deposit on the Cybertuck... just yet
You get the gift that keeps on giving, enjoy agonizing over the anticipation of software updates.

Did I not appease Elon enough , Did I press advanced update button 4 or did I do it 5 times, is 5 time enough
Did I praise Tesla enough times this week.
Did I spend enough time posting on obscure Telsa forums,twitter,Instagram was it to much...not enough oh god

Will the gods of software update look favorably upon their humble obedient servant, or will I be excommunicated. To languish forever forbidden for spamming advanced software update button.

It's like owning my first car again and looking forward to driving it. I have been told to stop talking about my Tesla so much and before my Tesla it was Apple. New technology I enjoy and look forward to what's around the corner as well a ride every day on my e bike or traveling overseas with our 2 Brompton folding bikes.
Tesla's auto pilot is an unknowing on what it may do during each trip and I certainly pay more attention to what's happening around me as I don't need to worry about smashing into the vehicle ahead.

I have been told to stop talking about my Tesla so much .
Guilty your honor!.
I don't even notice the rolling eyes the glazed looks, The sudden urgent meetings, phantom phone calls . As my captive audience tries to slink away. Hah hah I say wait there's more....
As I regale them with another captivating tale of
midnight software updates

First rule of Telsa club - always talk Tesla!

Reactions: Kiwiadventure
Now I know I’m not alone in my afflictions. Trying real hard not to let the word Tesla slip into every conversation and drive my friends and coworkers crazy. And always looking for how I can slip away and go for a drive. People who haven’t taken this plunge don’t know how truly difficult it is.
Yes its abit like trying to explain iPhone to
none iphone owners when the iPhone 1st came out.

You could explain how cool and life changing the iphone was but you could see they just didnt get it
Untill you gave them ago.

Which is rather like Tesla, you can talk till your blue in the face, watch hundreds of launch videos
But untill they experience what it's like....

Delivery day today, yahoooo.. Tesla rang yesterday to delay the appointment time, detailing was behind schedule apparently.
Have chosen to get FSD and Homelink, though Homelink is on back order at present.
Not looking forward to my first drive in rush hour traffic this afternoon getting back home.
Wooop !
Rush hour should be a breeze one autopilot has calibrated

Hopefully there is some tea and coffee this time in the owners lounge. You might need a few cups

There is a Tesla club in Auckland that meets once a month. Something like 2nd or 1st sunday monthly.
I did put my rego in the online form but heard nothing

Reactions: 3Vtastic
Well, Delivery date is finalised, finance is sorted and insurance is obtained...I'm all ready for my Model 3 Performance Stealth on Wednesday next week!
Good for you. Fingers crossed no hiccups from now on to Wednesday. For me, unfortunately they have to push back because of a "minor scratch" occured during transport. Suppose to deliver on the 12th, which is tmr, now reschedule to 16th subject to completion of job. Vehicle is with Precision AutoWerk atm. From what I read in the forum, they do a good job.

Good for you. Fingers crossed no hiccups from now on to Wednesday. For me, unfortunately they have to push back because of a "minor scratch" occured during transport. Suppose to deliver on the 12th, which is tmr, now reschedule to 16th subject to completion of job. Vehicle is with Precision AutoWerk atm. From what I read in the forum, they do a good job.
That sucks, hopefully there aren't any hold ups on that repair!

Mine has been in NZ since August (I'm assuming it's from a cancelled order) so I'm hoping any paint issues have been fixed up already

What a bummer, hope nothing else goes wrong

We just got our car back today from 3 days at Precision. They are very professional and did a great job. There were several pre-delivery model 3’s I saw there so I’m glad Tesla is now sorting out issues prior to delivery. A short delay is worth it. Good advice to drop in to Precision and have a look over the car although I had no problems with Tesla authorising anything that Precision noted.

I hope you don’t let the delivery hiccup bother you because once you get the car I expect you’ll be thrilled. It’s so much fun to drive.

We just got our car back today from 3 days at Precision. They are very professional and did a great job. There were several pre-delivery model 3’s I saw there so I’m glad Tesla is now sorting out issues prior to delivery. A short delay is worth it. Good advice to drop in to Precision and have a look over the car although I had no problems with Tesla authorising anything that Precision noted.

I hope you don’t let the delivery hiccup bother you because once you get the car I expect you’ll be thrilled. It’s so much fun to drive.
Did one of them happen to be black with the dual motor badge and aero wheels?

Wooop !
Rush hour should be a breeze one autopilot has calibrated

Hopefully there is some tea and coffee this time in the owners lounge. You might need a few cups

There is a Tesla club in Auckland that meets once a month. Something like 2nd or 1st sunday monthly.
I did put my rego in the online form but heard nothing
Delivery was a great experience, Luke was excellent getting me settled and setup with the car. No rush as it was the last delivery of the day, I was able to have a good look all over the car and I was very pleased with the quality and paintwork.
I was offered coffee etc but didn't see anything obviously availabe in the owners lounge.

The drive home was right at rush hour, and it was busy on the motorway, the ride is awesome, smooth and very quiet. What a pleasure to drive, just need to get used to the regen braking while slowing down. Software is V9......... at the moment, hopefully it will update over the next week or so. The audio system is amazing.

Reactions: CAM3RON