Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in New Zealand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey - Potential M3 buyer here.

I'm looking for a SR+ but want the white interior. I'm told there's no way to custom order this and I need to upgrade to performance or take it to an upholstery place after buying.

I prefer the stock Tesla white interior. If there's any way to order this from Tesla, Any advice? Or any recommendations on a place to take it to?

You might be able to find complete white seats/interior from someone in USA who's stripping a wrecked M3. not sure if going down this route requires any reprogramming or if US airbags any different.

I would think you'd need a white seat VIN No. to order from Tesla. Even then you might be directed to NZ service

Have you tried calling NZ service to see what they say

I've no idea if these are any good, Taptes has seat covers $672 NZD
Leather Seat Covers for Tesla Model 3 Tesla Seat Protector

There are a few M3's in inventory
New & Used Electric Cars | Tesla
MSM SR+ with FSD listed for $88,860
black interior of course

Last edited:
I've never held the scroll button for any of the voice command software versions, just pressed and released.
I haven't tried VC for months, something to play with tomorrow thanks for reminding me
It does work much better, but it still messes up for me with fan settings which is what I think I’d use it for the most. About 90% of the time if I say “set fan to 4” it immediately displays the text correctly “setting fan to 4” but actually sets it to 10. Doesn’t matter what number I say, it always goes to 10. But it does turn it on and off as expected along with other commands I’ve tried.

Anyone watched the CarNut review on the Tesla Model 3 Performance? They are an NZ YouTube channel that is now affiliated with Stuff.

The review focuses mostly on acceleration and are generally positive, however, some comments seem to suggest it is sterile or soulless as there is no engine sound, too quiet, no vibrations etc. Which are some of the reasons most Tesla drivers love the car over an ICE car.

Anyone watched the CarNut review on the Tesla Model 3 Performance? They are an NZ YouTube channel that is now affiliated with Stuff.

The review focuses mostly on acceleration and are generally positive, however, some comments seem to suggest it is sterile or soulless as there is no engine sound, too quiet, no vibrations etc. Which are some of the reasons most Tesla drivers love the car over an ICE car.

Yeah I didn’t rate it much. They went into far more useful detail when they reviewed the I-Pace whereas they treated the Model 3 like a quaint oddity. Although a couple of the guys said they were pleasantly surprised by the Tesla, I felt they wanted to create some doubt in a prospective buyer’s mind.

That guy Blue was the worst who was clearly out of his depth and could only come up with that silly ‘soulless’ comment despite enjoying the quiet of the I-Pace. Let’s look at global and NZ sales and see who the real EV leader is perhaps?

I don’t expect much from CarNut in the future unless they radically open their minds.

Reactions: CAM3RON
I guess it's some of it is because there is zero chance of Stuff and co. getting any advertising $ from Tesla
Plus M3 was driven by 3 guys, video length in kept with you tube short attention span. No real in depth info
More or less just 3 different 1st impressions squeezed into one 13 min video.

iPace driven by 1 guy, video length roughly the same, more time for in depth information
Complaining about Tesla sole-less silence then nek minute commending iPace for it's silence o_O
At the end of the day I guess there just wasn't enough buttons and knobs ....and potential advertising revenue

Hah I wonder if they got their Tesla tattoos :)

It does work much better, but it still messes up for me with fan settings which is what I think I’d use it for the most. About 90% of the time if I say “set fan to 4” it immediately displays the text correctly “setting fan to 4” but actually sets it to 10. Doesn’t matter what number I say, it always goes to 10. But it does turn it on and off as expected along with other commands I’ve tried.
I tried playing with VC today, it does seem much better
set fan to 4 = 10
set fan 4 = 4
I think VC maybe interpreting to = 10

Reactions: CAM3RON