TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla Model 3: No drill option license plate bracket

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Rchan88, May 13, 2018.

1. Rchan88

Rchan88 Member

I have been searching for another option for Model 3 front license plate bracket instead of using the Tesla provided adhesive bracket. I understand other aftermarket options are available. However, they all cost over $150 US which I don't think it really worth that much, until I came across BozzMount MG YouTube video "" It only costs $74.99 US. I have no intention to promote this product. Anybody have a better alternative. Please share your thoughts here.

• Like x 1
  2. Dante

Dante Member

Didn't Trevor from M3OC do a video on a no-drill license plate option? Was for his X I think, but seemed to work well... Don't think he mentioned pricing though.

3. DekiTM3

DekiTM3 Member

What do you guys think about these lower grill plate brackets? It seems like they block the opening vents for cooling down the battery?

4. Tony_YYZ

Tony_YYZ Active Member

It was the Torklift mount. Again, around ~$150 USD before shipping.

They don't affect the louvers. The louvers sit behind the grill that the plate mount attaches to.

5. akidesir

akidesir Member

the no drill license plate holders are definitely pricey... quite expensive for a accessory that we won't be able to really see when we're driving. Shipping to Canada would be pricey, i was debating to add to cart and checkout for the Bozzmount MG, but just before hitting order, i cancelled... I'd rather save the $ for tints and PPF first then for this license plate holder.

6. Rchan88

Rchan88 Member

I paid $117.75 CAD for the part and shipping. Compare to other alternatives it is almost half price. I like it is relatively easy to install and remove. It can be removed easily when I decide to do the PPF installation.

7. enwhy

enwhy Member

Any issues with blocking some airflow going into the battery cooling vents?

8. Tony_YYZ

Tony_YYZ Active Member

Did yours ship yet? I'm leaning towards purchasing this unit. I really don't like the way the OEM stick-on mount looks.

9. Rchan88

Rchan88 Member

Yes, it was shipped yesterday. FYI I just got email from my DS to schedule a delivery date at Lawrence service centre, I am hoping the bracket arrives before that.

10. Tony_YYZ

Tony_YYZ Active Member

Awesome, thanks. Post some pics when you receive it.

The other brackets such as the Law and the Bandit are way too overpriced for what they are. This one looks like it functions closer to the Law at around half the price. Still a lot for a bracket but less in the grander scheme of things.

11. Munch

Munch Member

Rewatching the First Model 3 video and saw the front license plate was on low... anyone know if this is standard placement? The American photos I've seen have the plates on higher. It's the DS driving the car out of the building, so I assume it is what they're installing on the cars on the way out? Anyone have any photos of other cars being delivered in Canada?

12. Tony_YYZ

Tony_YYZ Active Member

Looks normal to me.

13. Munch

Munch Member

Hmm it looks like the one I was comparing to on Google was the reveal version which had the plate mounted higher.

14. Tony_YYZ

Tony_YYZ Active Member

Gotcha. If I recall correctly that one was just pasted flat onto the nose of the Model 3.

15. Rchan88

Rchan88 Member

Will do.

• Like x 1
  16. ajintor

ajintor Member

• Informative x 1
  17. jkirkwood001

jkirkwood001 Member

18. ajintor

ajintor Member

My understanding is that model 3 needs extra long since the depth of the bumper is 3.5 inches.

19. 5_+JqckQttqck

5_+JqckQttqck Active Member

Gonna order one, but shipping shows same cost for 2. Anyone wanna go splits and save $15 on shipping :)?

20. Viv ki Bijli

Viv ki Bijli Member

Is it required by law to have front license plate in Ontario?