Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla model 3 online used hold period

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey I purchased a used Tesla online and payed the up front fee (order fee + delivery) $1000. Tesla contacted me today and said it’s ready to be delivered to shop near me. However I’m having issues with DCU. They made a error in my name and are fixing it and they said my acc will be resolved in 7-14 days. However Tesla contacted me today and said it’s ready for delivery to site. But im waiting for DCU to fix everything. I don’t want Tesla to cancel it while I wait and I lose my $1000 I put in. What should I do.

No answer you get here will mean anything.

You need to contact tesla, explain the situation, let them know you are attemping to fix it. You are buying a used tesla which is different than a new one. if this was new, it would just get re assigned to someone else.

Since its used, they cant do that, but I dont know what their policy is on this. In any case, since TMC is not affiliated with Tesla in any way, so nothing we say here on something like this matters.

Reactions: lUtriaNt
Upvote 0
Fwiw: I got my VIN today and called to put on hold for early March. Even though delivery window is currently Feb 17-21, they still had me release this car and get in line for a new VIN. So at this point I will have a "I'm Ready Now" button that I can press to get my car when I'm available in early March. I'll probably aim to press that button ~15 days before I'm actually available.

Upvote 0