Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 the way I want - Signature Wheel + MPP Comfort Coilover

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I like that you are excited, and I know this won't be popular but my personal opinion is that anything smaller than 20in doesn't look right on the rear. 19 and below to me looks like a big fat butt on super tiny feet. Did you lower it too? Maybe that's enhancing that aspect to me.
I agree, M3 needs 20' and black rims needs chrome delete.

giphy.gif

Looks really nice. I contemplated on placing a deposit for the MPP comfort coilovers, but have already scraped my battery pack shield on a parking garage ramp. Sucks that Tesla hasn’t offered the smart air suspension yet for the Model 3. I know the SAS wouldn’t be good for the track, but I never track my car anyways and I liked the fact that my two previous Model S’s were able to get in/out of parking garages and over ramps without scraping using the high setting of SAS.

@SD_Engnr How did you know....... I did another shoot! Hope the rear three quarter angle help ~

View attachment 372772 View attachment 372773 View attachment 372774
I will live vicariously through you and your amazing M3. Since my wife is the other driver of our white P3D, she will never go for dark wheels/lowered look, even though she hates the current ride on 20s.

I’d say you have the best looking M3. Period. Bu if you want to indulge an old guy, clear satin wrap it too.

Reactions: macgeng
@2018M3 Looks great! How long did it take to get from order to delivery? I'm eagerly awaiting my sv104 wheels from them. I went with 19s as well, lots more options for tires in the 265 section width than a comparable 20 inch wheel.

@FrunkingFast Signature is fairly accurate on their timeline, love their service. I just feel 19inch is the best compromise between look and performance, you will love it!

i feel that OP's ride is a prime example that white cars do not need chrome delete, even with black wheels. The chrome blends in nicely with the white. Same goes for silver. However, black, blue and grey cars 100% need chrome delete, especially if they opt for black wheels.

@aspec818 I am really debating to do it or not honestly, it's killing me. I don't think black handles look good on white cars, what do you think?

I will live vicariously through you and your amazing M3. Since my wife is the other driver of our white P3D, she will never go for dark wheels/lowered look, even though she hates the current ride on 20s.

I’d say you have the best looking M3. Period. Bu if you want to indulge an old guy, clear satin wrap it too.

@Camera-Cruiser I am glad my build has this added benefit, hahaha!

@FrunkingFast Signature is fairly accurate on their timeline, love their service. I just feel 19inch is the best compromise between look and performance, you will love it!

@aspec818 I am really debating to do it or not honestly, it's killing me. I don't think black handles look good on white cars, what do you think?

@Camera-Cruiser I am glad my build has this added benefit, hahaha!
I wouldn't do it. The chrome accents flow with the white color. If you look at your pictures, you barely even see the chrome because how well it blends in. Chrome accents clash and stick out like a sore thumb on black, blue, and grey cars. If I owned one of those colors, a chrome delete would be at the top of my mod list. White is the only color that blends the chrome accents in nicely. I actually feel non oem chrome deletes on a white car make it look cheap and tacky. Your car looks perfect as is. Less is more.

I wouldn't do it. The chrome accents flow with the white color. If you look at your pictures, you barely even see the chrome because how well it blends in. Chrome accents clash and stick out like a sore thumb on black, blue, and grey cars. If I owned one of those colors, a chrome delete would be at the top of my mod list. White is the only color that blends the chrome accents in nicely. I actually feel non oem chrome deletes on a white car make it look cheap and tacky. Your car looks perfect as is. Less is more.
The pictures are overexposed (not a criticism) so of course the chrome blends. I feel like you should always go one way or the other - either black wheels AND chrome delete or lighter wheels AND chrome. You can get close to color matched vinyl for the door handles if that is what's holding the OP back.

Reactions: 2018M3
It's the concave look on the front and back that makes it look so damn good even though they are 19's. I'm a fan. @2018M3 were you looking at 20x9.5 all around before you settled with 19x9.5?

@macgeng 20x9.5 never an option for me. With the road condition in NorCal and potential family road trips, 19x9.5 is the best of both world, aesthetics and performance imo. Hope it helps!

I like that you are excited, and I know this won't be popular but my personal opinion is that anything smaller than 20in doesn't look right on the rear. 19 and below to me looks like a big fat butt on super tiny feet. Did you lower it too? Maybe that's enhancing that aspect to me.
To me this is the first 19" setup that looks as good as a 20" setup. That's what I would have guessed it had. The tires don't have too much sidewall and give off that great low profile look while not too little to damage wheels. The flat sidewall on these 265 tires (not ballony and not stretched) fits just perfect and accentuates that flush look in combination with the perfect wheel offset.

265/35 on a 19x9.5 wheel square, I think is a perfect sweet spot between performance and looks. Its the kind of setup you can take to the track as well as your daily driver, without the need to change setups. If range loss is not a significant issue then this is a winner.

And I agree that the white looks better without chrome delete. It accentuates the lines without the clash.

Last edited:
Reactions: skrtskrt
To me this is the first 19" setup that looks as good as a 20" setup. That's what I would have guessed it had. The tires don't have too much sidewall and give off that great low profile look while not too little to damage wheels. The flat sidewall on these 265 tires (not ballony and not stretched) fits just perfect and accentuates that flush look in combination with the perfect wheel offset.

265/35 on a 19x9.5 wheel square, I think is a perfect sweet spot between performance and looks. Its the kind of setup you can take to the track as well as your daily driver, without the need to change setups. If range loss is not a significant issue then this is a winner.

And I agree that the white looks better without chrome delete. It accentuates the lines without the clash.

@Perry thank you! Can't wait to see your setup soon ~