Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 Tint Feedback?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got two quotes from two local shops in the SF Bay Area
1. 3M Crystalline - sides, windshield and back window - $1300
2. Suntek - sides and back window - $420 (Maybe a tesla jokester?)

Is 3M really that much better or is it mostly a function of the shop?
Are Model 3's especially hard to tint?

Any suggestions for good tint shops in San Diego?

Monumental Workx in La Jolla is one of the few shops that will do the rear full glass in 1 piece. They do good work too and address any issues if you have it. For example, I like my tint all the way to the edge of the glass on the doors and one of them was slightly too much gap for me, and they had no problem addressing it for me by redoing it.

I just got two quotes from two local shops in the SF Bay Area
1. 3M Crystalline - sides, windshield and back window - $1300
2. Suntek - sides and back window - $420 (Maybe a tesla jokester?)

Is 3M really that much better or is it mostly a function of the shop?
Are Model 3's especially hard to tint?

I got quoted $500 for crystalline for all sides and $1100 for sides and rear in one piece from an east bay tint shop.

He was also really snarky about 3m being the best and anything else would be inferior. He mentioned several times the sunroof was laminated with 3m...but it still seems too pricy for a few percentages better.

I plan on tinting my Model 3, but I’m unsure of what I want to do.

I got the Tesla Shade for the roof, so I won’t be tinting the roof.

I’ve been looking at the Xpel Prime XR Plus ceramic.

I’m definitely doing the 4 side windows and rear window...but I’m unsure of how dark I want to go. I was thinking either 20 or 30...if anyone could post pictures of theirs that would be awesome!

Also, part of me wants to do the windshield, but I don’t want to mess anything up. I assume they remove the A Pillars and maybe the front camera covers to lay the tint? But I’m nervous about liquid damage.

Im not sure if it messes with autopilot...or if I should just do the top part of the windshield...I’m truly torn.

Any insight or feedback or pics of your tint jobs would be awesome! Thanks
I did 30% ceramic and it looks exactly like "Matt L's" photos. I also did not do roof/windshield. It definitely diminishes the solar radiation to the cabin when driving around on a sunny day!

I finally got my tint done and it’s awesome!

Attachments

• 50383B8F-CF55-48D0-8024-0682579733D4.jpeg
    50383B8F-CF55-48D0-8024-0682579733D4.jpeg
    757.8 KB · Views: 210
Reactions: TyH2009
I ended up getting 3M Crystalline 20 on the rear and back sides. I believe 70 on the front sides. If there was a Crystalline 30 I think I would have preferred that but the only other option was 40 which was too light in my opinion.

View attachment 389175 View attachment 389176 View attachment 389178
View attachment 389179
I have a red model 3 just like you. Torn between 3M crystalline or stratos. My friend with whilte model 3 said the bluish 3M won't look good. Do you think so? Maybe blue is not too bad on red model 3?

Anyone have a pic with a model 3 using 3m Crystalline 40 or 50? I don't need the windows very dark (I have the M3 in blue and frankly I don't think the blue looks as nice with dark tint unless you get rid of the surrounding chrome) , this is more to reduce the heat than anything else.

Reactions: Nine2Five