Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Tesla Model S Battery Extended Service Plans from 057 Technology

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
NDA or not, it's become abundantly clear to all of us that Jason Hughes wasn't telling the truth the past few months. And the more he tried to paint himself as the good guy (and even a victim of his own customers), the further he fell from grace. He was p*ss*ing on us while assuring us it was only raining: "They'll take care of you" he said after the storefront had already shuttered and all of his employees had left. He passed the buck to the new owners who insist they never had any plan to take care of us from the start.

TMC most certainly became Hughes' hottest source for procuring Service Plan subscribers (the best advertising he could have ever hoped for) and I'm sure he felt some sort of fame, respect, and adulation on these forums. Now, anytime Hughes is mentioned in a thread, the first thoughts will likely be: "Oh yeah, I remember that really smart hacker and battery guy ... didn't he turn out to be a thief?" Heck of a legacy.

Hughes seems like the type that doesn't like to tarnish his name or anything else he's associated with. I'm certain he was proud of 057 and everything it accomplished, so it must hurt to have to obliterate it from internet existence while simultaneously having the company's reputation dragged all over the forum that provided the foundation for his business. I'm sure it won't take him long to just put this all behind himself, no regrets. I know he's watching, and I'm sure he's doing fine with his new crypto endeavors ... seems right up his alley.

NDA or not, it's become abundantly clear to all of us that Jason Hughes wasn't telling the truth the past few months. And the more he tried to paint himself as the good guy (and even a victim of his own customers), the further he fell from grace. He was p*ss*ing on us while assuring us it was only raining: "They'll take care of you" he said after the storefront had already shuttered and all of his employees had left. He passed the buck to the new owners who insist they never had any plan to take care of us from the start.

TMC most certainly became Hughes' hottest source for procuring Service Plan subscribers (the best advertising he could have ever hoped for) and I'm sure he felt some sort of fame, respect, and adulation on these forums. Now, anytime Hughes is mentioned in a thread, the first thoughts will likely be: "Oh yeah, I remember that really smart hacker and battery guy ... didn't he turn out to be a thief?" Heck of a legacy.

Hughes seems like the type that doesn't like to tarnish his name or anything else he's associated with. I'm certain he was proud of 057 and everything it accomplished, so it must hurt to have to obliterate it from internet existence while simultaneously having the company's reputation dragged all over the forum that provided the foundation for his business. I'm sure it won't take him long to just put this all behind himself, no regrets. I know he's watching, and I'm sure he's doing fine with his new crypto endeavors ... seems right up his alley.
Well said my friend.

🤔🤔🤔

Attachments

• IMG_4282.jpeg
    IMG_4282.jpeg
    91.1 KB · Views: 16
Honestly, what’s weird to me is -why come back and say they are still continuing to serve customers with service plans.

So baffling.

Where were they going to get serviced? In an empty warehouse?

Thank you all that put in the extra work to uncover the mysteries.

This has got to be one of the weirdest outcomes I’ve ever been part of.

Good luck to you all.

At what point do we have a class action lawsuit against 057 Technologies/Companies/Jason Hughes?

Sign me the fudge up. I'd happily give a few hundo out of my refund to a savvy lawyer.
Class action against defunct LLCs? Yeah, that would go nowhere. You could sue Jason, but would likely go nowhere as well, you didn't have dealings with him, only with the LLC.

@Chris TX, @MP3Mike is correct. "Limited liability" As I've said before, I have no legal experience, so keep that in mind for the entirety of this thread. However, I believe an LLC has the freedom to walk away. Even banks that fund an LLC are usually out of luck. I believe you have to go after the LLC's assets. The problem is...

According to Reid, 057 Companies bought [some of?] 057 Technology's assets. Reid also stated that 057 Companies doesn't have those assets anymore. What were they and did these assets go back to 057 Technology? Jason isn't telling any of his plan subscribers. Keep in mind, we only know what we know because we had to drag it out of him.

Though I imagine that when fraud is involved, the rules are different. As far as I can tell, with the info we've dug up without Jason's help, his shady behavior came AFTER the 057 Companies LLC started and the 057 Technology LLC went dark. I'm stern but fair, and believe that while either LLC functioned (liable), Jason was doing his due diligence.

Again, I'm not a lawyer, so I would appreciate anyone that is, or has a connection, to weigh in.

...to add:

I believe, at the very least, Jason wanted to maintain the remainder of the active contracts. Throughout Q4 2023, this likely looked less and less feasible to him. He had started a new job and his large facility was gone, along with the necessary employees. By Jan 2024, he'd had a few months to conclude the best move forward for his family was to take full advantage of the defunct LLC and abandon the headache.

This is an open and public forum where people come to express their thoughts and concerns.

If you don't ask questions and don't draw lines, conclusions can never be drawn or discussed.

If this was a court of law, sure - we would need to have studied all types of legal terms etc. But this is a thread where we are trying to understand and shed light on what is going on.

In my note "sounds like..." this is me thinking out loud and open to any information or guidance in the manner.

Thank you for your comment, but I'm still approaching this with the mindset of learning and questioning areas that I am uncertain of.

In regards to your comment about the companies being different, I totally understand they are different.

But it just seems odd that somebody purchasing 057 technologies, named themselves 057 companies?

It's like Pepsi Kola buying Pepsi Cola. It's all merely some thoughts that come together. Somebody mentioning IPs being similar.

Through speculations from this thread , we found out a lot of missing information and many wonderful members used the data to dig further. So, with respect I disagree with your idea that people shouldn’t speculate as it brings up great conversation and leads to answers.
That's all fine and dandy, but when the speculation can easily be cleared with a quick Google, it's quite irresponsible, especially when it eggs people on to bark up a tree that likely goes nowhere. I've made a similar point when people made speculations/summaries that were easily proven false just digging a bit back up this thread.
You're kidding right ... this is TMC. So much speculation and guessing goes on in many threads, it's absolutely rampant 🤪 .
Again that's usually of no consequence as most threads are just harmless discussion, but people here are obviously trying to make a legal case out of this. Basing such a case on inaccurate claims and sloppy misconceptions that can easily be dispelled by a quick Google isn't going to help anyone, except rile people up. You people do you, but I've seen other threads where people tried to make such a case based on forum postings and it went nowhere because none of it would hold up in court.

@stopcrazypp oh stop. You and I have not seen eye to eye, not in the very least, throughout this entire conversation. "Easily be cleared up" has never been an option in any part of this conversation. Sure, business closed - so, that's all we deserve for backing this business for $2000 each? Put yourself in any one of our shoes. Geez.

The onus of the truth was entirely with the 057 parties bc either were totally unwilling to share any information for months. At least I could've been somewhat satisfied knowing that my $2000 had granted me the privilege of a quick, honest, and thorough answer. Instead we got barely-related anecdotes and half-a$$ed excuses.

And if you haven't read the other thread, I suggest you do a search for it.

That's all fine and dandy, but when the speculation can easily be cleared with a quick Google, it's quite irresponsible, especially when it eggs people on to bark up a tree that likely goes nowhere. I've made a similar point when people made speculations/summaries that were easily proven false just digging a bit back up this thread.

Again that's usually of no consequence as most threads are just harmless discussion, but people here are obviously trying to make a legal case out of this. Basing such a case on inaccurate claims and sloppy misconceptions that can easily be dispelled by a quick Google isn't going to help anyone, except rile people up. You people do you, but I've seen other threads where people tried to make such a case based on forum postings and it went nowhere because none of it would hold up in court.
Well I am basing my case off the initial terms and conditions I signed up for in 2022, after wasting $2k on a BS service plan. And also the documentation sent from myself and what I received back from this illusive 057 Companies LLC via the Tennessee Division of Consumer Affairs. That will 100% hold up in court my friend.

@stopcrazypp let me sum it up for you: in May 2023, I paid Jason $2000 to alleviate my battery failure anxiety for two years. That is what I paid (and the job he gladly took), in exchange for my peace of mind. Instead, I've been dealing with Jason (and occasionally you) seemingly trying to purposely aggravate me the past three months. But I've kept a level head, being objective (certainly in the beginning) while also trying to understand and puzzle together how we all got here. I've never acted out with emotion.

Like Jason, I too have a full time job. I shouldn't be forced to spend my freetime finding out where my money went, but here we are. And what did I ultimately get for buying this service plan: the exact opposite of peace of mind and just three months of coverage (according to generous Jason, bc I got 8wks free).

Last edited:
@MP3Mike , the other white knight. Haha, here we go with the semantics again. I'm not suing anyone, so you don't have to protect Jason from me. I'm taking my $2000 out of his a$$ right here. He's fully aware how I, and the people that have DM'd me, feel about him.

In any case, at least I've felt I could have a productive discussion with you - you've made some valid points. Though I'm not sure they aged well. If it wasn't for the thumbs down, I'd had thought you were just having a laugh with that last post.

For the sake of discussion, Jason is 056 Technology and 057 Technology is Jason. Neither exists without the other - even 057 Companies seems to think this as well. And looking at what Jason has written, he may not have understood that they had always felt that way.

If it wasn't for the thumbs down, I'd had thought you were just having a laugh with that last post.
You made a statement as a fact, that is in fact not factual.

For the sake of discussion, Jason is 056 Technology and 057 Technology is Jason.
There is no point in having a discussion if you refuse to acknowledge the facts. (And that they matter.)

even 057 Companies seems to think this as well. And looking at what Jason has written, he may not have understood that they had always felt that way.
My guess is that 057 Companies is just trying to use misdirection. (But I don't understand why, both LLCs are out of business.) Most of what they said could be true, but not matter. (As I speculated before that the same group could have bought 057 Technologies, and then they sold assets to 057 Companies.) But, it is very obvious that they lied when they said that 057 Technologies and 057 Companies were completely separate and unrelated. (As someone proved with their invoice showing a mix of 057 Companies and 057 Technologies information.)

• Informative
Reactions: CrankyGypsy
@MP3Mike Make no mistake, if I was filling out a legal document, I would be very explicit, if not overly explicit. But this is a hobby forum.

Look, I love the speculation. I do. I don't always have to be right and I enjoy working together to sleuth a mystery. And you've been a part of that, which I am grateful for. However, the dude that could clear the air isn't doing it and (in the other thread, I clearly prove this) never had a plan to. We can go back and forth on the details, but 057 Technology isn't doing anything for us, ever.