Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Tesla Model S Bodykit Aerokit by Prior Design PD-S1000 EVS Motors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sure I will make that request. But remember as with all body and aerokits they are designed to enhanced performance. Meaning better grip at higher speeds. So I will say with that common sense expectation of performance that it will reduce mileage to a fraction of a degree. Same with a Porsche GT3RS with the big wing in the rear or a GT2RS with the bumper canards. I don't think anyone cares about MPG improvements in aerokits. So these questions are unusually strange to a performance minded person. We are not driving Priuses are we? I mean I thought we bought a Tesla because it was fast and high performance considering the alternatives. :D

Consider that with an EV and the currently relatively limited charging infrastructure losing 5% in range is a bit much to handle.

If your product improves performance, a P100D currently does 0-100 in around 2.3 seconds, and given this is incredibly close to the theoretical limit, I'm guessing it won't do much there.

The top speed is likely not going to change because the motor speed is more controller limited than air turbulence affected so that one's out. In any case economy would improve if this was improved.

So that only really leaves high speed cornering ability which would be affected above 100kph but would worsen range from around 80kph already.

So the long and the short of it is, give us numbers, don't imply something that's pulled out of a hat please.

My guess is kWh per km at 80, 100, 120 & 150kph would be good to know. The Tesla's trip computer gives that figure already as you drive so on a wind still day on a level road post acceleration phase averaged over A to B then B to A should give some real numbers. As someone else mentioned 30k each should be OK.

Consider that with an EV and the currently relatively limited charging infrastructure losing 5% in range is a bit much to handle.

If your product improves performance, a P100D currently does 0-100 in around 2.3 seconds, and given this is incredibly close to the theoretical limit, I'm guessing it won't do much there.

The top speed is likely not going to change because the motor speed is more controller limited than air turbulence affected so that one's out. In any case economy would improve if this was improved.

So that only really leaves high speed cornering ability which would be affected above 100kph but would worsen range from around 80kph already.

So the long and the short of it is, give us numbers, don't imply something that's pulled out of a hat please.

My guess is kWh per km at 80, 100, 120 & 150kph would be good to know. The Tesla's trip computer gives that figure already as you drive so on a wind still day on a level road post acceleration phase averaged over A to B then B to A should give some real numbers. As someone else mentioned 30k each should be OK.

We are honest and we shoot it straight. If you are concerned about losing 5-10 miles of range this kit isn't for you. It was designed with performance in mind not increasing range. I think anyone looking for increased performance and cosmetic appearance that is who it is targeted for.

We are honest and we shoot it straight. If you are concerned about losing 5-10 miles of range this kit isn't for you. It was designed with performance in mind not increasing range. I think anyone looking for increased performance and cosmetic appearance that is who it is targeted for.
@etmax asked for "numbers", meaning actual data. Your response was to repeat your claim of "increased performance" but still not provide any data -- you know, actual facts -- to support your claim.

I don't know what you are "shooting" but you have failed to hit the target. Still. Why don't you just limit your claim to "It looks cool". That's a subjective aesthetic judgement that doesn't require any facts to support it.

@etmax asked for "numbers", meaning actual data. Your response was to repeat your claim of "increased performance" but still not provide any data -- you know, actual facts -- to support your claim.

I don't know what you are "shooting" but you have failed to hit the target. Still. Why don't you just limit your claim to "It looks cool". That's a subjective aesthetic judgement that doesn't require any facts to support it.

We are not the aerokit manufacturer. We will not make up numbers to tell you to satisfy a question. Every aerokit on the market for any car increases downforce and thus reduces range. There is a rear spoiler, that is fact alone that it increases downforce. Specific numbers need to come from the manufacturer.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: maximizese
Let's face the fact that the kit is designed for "looks" and not for performance. Nothing wrong with that except for the claims of performance which no one is really buying. I personally don't like the looks (to busy for me) but I can see how others might. I can almost guarantee that no aero testing was actually done but they just simply followed the trends of current "aero" packages. Seriously though, does added downforce from a rear spoiler come in to play on any production car at legal or near legal speeds?

As for the price- very expensive for what you get but you have to remember that the Tesla is a low numbers vehicle compared to a Honda Civic that might get the same treatment for much less. The cost to design and manufacture has to be made up on a much lower volume of sales. I hope for those that do buy a kit that there is a bump in quality over other kits as well.

Low production numbers of the Tesla's of course affect the price, it wasn't priced to be expensive. It was priced based on potential sales based on the low production of a Tesla versus a mainstream vehicle. Most people who buy this kit will probably be the P90D and P100D owners that are more than comfortable with the price considering most paid $150k+ for their Model S. A significant price over a comparable Mercedes S-Class S550.