Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S options history wiki

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have just created a Model S Options History WIKI for your review.

Much thanks to many of you who have created a fine historical perspective of the evolution of Model S over the years via your posts.

Of key mention is the user AnOutsider who made wonderful screen grabs of the early Design Studio whenever anything was
added, remove or changed.

The WIKI is just a start.
I am sure I have made some mistakes and omissions.
I look forward to your help in keeping the WIKI alive.

The WIKI does NOT duplicate the Firmware WIKI which is an invaluable resource to all.
Instead it is very hardware oriented with a chronological organization by year.

Within each year changes are organized into subsections such as INTERIOR, EXTERIOR and MODEL.

I hope you all will enjoy it and contribute as your time and memory allow.

I better duck now.....

here is the link....Model s options by year - a running history - Tesla Motors Club - Enthusiasts & Owners Forum

Last edited:
Thanks Art!

Another thing (minor) that pops to my mind, my June 2013 build P85+ had chrome inserts near the frunk latch and near the base of the hatchback latch. My new P85D does not have these chrome parts (but black plastic instead). Anybody know when that changed?

Mike

"The P85D was the first Model S that had new metal doorsill plate inserts in the interior doorsill area (not sure if the S60, S85 or S85D will have these metal plates, time will tell, the sill plates have never been mentioned or shown in the Design Studio)"

....my S60 was delivered December 12, and has the metal doorsill plates

Thank you for this options history.

Does anyone know of a source for historical pricing? Now that there are CPO cars available, it would be interesting to compare their prices with the prices for the cars when new. That would provide a depreciation benchmark for TCO calculations.