TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla Model S recall email

Discussion in 'Canada' started by wayner, Mar 30, 2018.

1. wayner

wayner Active Member

Anyone else receive an email from Tesla regarding the recall on Model S cars built before April 2016?

The basic gist is that the Service Centre will call you when they have parts available to do the work.

• Like x 1
  2. brkaus

brkaus Well-Known Member

3. Not1Drop

Not1Drop Member

Just got mine a few minutes ago, think it is taking their Exchange server quite a while to process 123,000 emails.
    Funny thing is i'd just stopped at the Toronto Lawrence Service Center yesterday a short while before the announcement, too bad or I could have made an appointment for it at the same time as i was arranging to get my winter's off.
    Love that Tesla can just send an email though, or if they wanted could pop a message on your screen through an update process....when's the last time you got a recall notice from Ford or GM the day after it was in the news?

4. wayner

wayner Active Member

Do they still do tire swaps at Lawrence - I thought they pawned every off to Go tire for that?

5. Not1Drop

Not1Drop Member

Seems like they do, unless they just take the car offsite for the day.
    I'm normally getting a service appointment at the same time based on our mileage and how it seems to match the seasons, so i'm usually gone with a loaner and never asked if they take them away for it. This visit in April will probably now be the recall, new all seasons and may do our 160k coolant fluid (assuming it's every 80k) a month early.

6. brkaus

brkaus Well-Known Member

Recall parts are not available yet. No need to call and try to schedule. The email said Tesla will contact again when ready.

7. hingisfan

hingisfan hingisfan_Mark_V

Usually it's several months for parts....

8. mrElbe

mrElbe Active Member

In the meantime more power steering motors will be falling off.

• Like x 1
  9. rypalmer

rypalmer Active Member

@wayner why create a duplicate thread for this?

10. Drone Flyer

Drone Flyer Active Member

Yeah I got the email but I’m pretty sure it was concerning my old 2013! Doesn’t someone else own it now? Is it not registered with another owner since I traded it in? Perhaps Tesla should just give it back to me then?

11. Drone Flyer

Drone Flyer Active Member

It’s 3 stainless steel bolts! They could pick them up at Home hardware!

12. Dakkor

Dakkor Member

Already had mine fixed for that problem 1 month ago. But I received the email. I guess they have nothing to do on mine.

13. mrElbe

mrElbe Active Member

Dakkor, they replaced yours with the same prone to fail bolts. They need to be replaced.

14. brkaus

brkaus Well-Known Member

The web suggested 3 stainless steel bolts. Someone really should understand if there are any issues with stainless before starting to swap everything. Does it have a galvanic reaction with the existing metal for example?

• Informative x 1
  15. wayner

wayner Active Member

I didn’t see any other threads in the Canadian forum, and I wasn’t sure if the recall would happen at the same time in Canada as in the US. Many other things Tesla related don’t happen in Canada for several months after they happen in the US, like ordering Model 3 or Model X, Ludicrous upgrades, etc.

• Like x 1
  16. wayner

wayner Active Member