Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model Y in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just changed my colour from white to blue, with the Edit Design page showing the latest price and delivery timeframe but with the assurance from Tesla Richmond on the phone saying that the “invoice team” will apply the old price as they’ve “put a note on my file”.

RN# didn’t change and time frame hasn’t changed in the app and the colour has updated. Invoice due in a few days apparently.

After learning that all 4 friends have ordered white it couldn’t remain that way!

Just changed my colour from white to blue, with the Edit Design page showing the latest price and delivery timeframe but with the assurance from Tesla Richmond on the phone saying that the “invoice team” will apply the old price as they’ve “put a note on my file”.

RN# didn’t change and time frame hasn’t changed in the app and the colour has updated. Invoice due in a few days apparently.

After learning that all 4 friends have ordered white it couldn’t remain that way!
Don't they need to assign a vin before issuing an invoice

The YP delivery window timeline slipped about lunchtime on Monday (as I put my order in!) and I think the YSR timeline slipped late on Monday. So you were probably still in the first SRwindow but probably on the backend of it, assuming they try to deliver roughly in reservation order (allowing for options, delivery location and stuff like that).
Yeah the SR slipped from its first delivery window ( in QLD) at midday on the Friday, then again on Monday! crazy!

The Premium and standard offerings arnt doing it for me, and the long range variant as species for Hong Kong is the one I need….just need to estimate how much longer I need to wait

I am the same, I find the RWD is just a little too slow for my liking (coming from a Unicorn model 3) and would like the long range version. I wonder how long we have to wait and if we will actually get it here in Australia?

Does anyone know how long was the M3 long range release after the initial M3 release? The Premium and standard offerings arnt doing it for me, and the long range variant as species for Hong Kong is the one I need….just need to estimate how much longer I need to wait
Hi M3 released all 3 variants at once I know as I bought a LR and back then the specs on SR were another worse hence I opted for LR M3

Does anyone know how long was the M3 long range release after the initial M3 release? The Premium and standard offerings arnt doing it for me, and the long range variant as species for Hong Kong is the one I need….just need to estimate how much longer I need to wait
They all dropped at the same time. But it seems like the oversold the Long Range so a few lucky owners got an upgrade to the Performance.
This time round Tesla is trying to extract as much value as possible by only offering the Performance and SR initially.

Reactions: Fazza
It might be because Berlin has so far only been making P models and the main seller in Europe is the LR model. So Shanghai has to continue to supply LR to Europe.

Berlin has just started producing LR a few days ago and will ramp up over time. Once it gets to a certain volume to supply Europe then I think it will free up Shanghai to make LR available for Australia and other RHD market other than those that have LR like UK.