Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model Y in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,
New to this forum. Just a quickie (probably a stupid question)....
Placed our order for a SR model Y on Friday morning and it gave me a ETA on delivery for AUG-NOV 2022... I since can't find anywhere in our account for a ETA delivery date.. It just says "prepare for order".
I'm totally expecting the delivery date to be blown out (I was suprised at the initial 3 month estimate) but can't find where to check this for any updates?
thanks
I called the Brisbane sales office yesterday and asked the same question. I ordered early on Friday morning and still showing the same as you in my App and on the website. He pulled up my order on his system and it said I was in the Aug-Nov timeframe. He told me it shows up in his system but can sometimes take some time to update it on your account. If you ordered a RWD before midday on Friday 10/6 and haven't changed your configuration in the meantime, it's likely you'll be fine.

I thought RHD models do have it. Apparently hong kong has the parcel shelf.
Had a look at the MY in the showroom on Friday and they didn't have the parcel shelf. I saw a tweet from VedaPrime on the weekend who said the VIN's on the model Y's in the Aus showrooms had a build month of Feb 22. Seems like they may have been sitting around for a while prior to being shipped here. Newer ones may have the shelf.

Reactions: positiv and jontyh
There’s better options out there on AliExpress also. I’ve had those fixed type foldable shelves before on a ford terrorstory and it was irritating as anything even slightly higher means it won’t close properly and isn’t flexible. The retractable styles are much better IMO, but do require some basic mods to work (and really should be included in a 70+ k car!)

Q: I want to change the colour of the Y I’ve ordered but when I go to Edit Design it looks like it’ll move the delivery from Aug-Nov ‘22 to Feb-May ‘23 - is this correct even if a VIN hasn’t been assigned yet?

White to Blue is not worth a 6 month wait for me, more want than need.

Standard range went up to $72300
Now I really lost interest
FOMO…
The price increases are no doubt in large part due to rising inflation (and associated US reserve interest rate increases) in the US as prices rose worldwide.. Also $AU has lost ground a bit. Perhaps also that given Elon's concern over RHD demand and production rates in China, Tesla may view a price increase (so soon after the Ys debut) as a way to throttle demand. However the risk is that FOMO may drive further demand and so a bit like the vicious inflation cycle prices (v interest rates) increase so much that demand is completely crippled along with high interest rates and then you get recession. A bit of a tight trope walking act really.

Q: I want to change the colour of the Y I’ve ordered but when I go to Edit Design it looks like it’ll move the delivery from Aug-Nov ‘22 to Feb-May ‘23 - is this correct even if a VIN hasn’t been assigned yet?

White to Blue is not worth a 6 month wait for me, more want than need.
I ordered as they went live on Friday, on Monday I changed my order colour and wheels, the App has since updated with my same ETA. so not sure if it has impacted delivery at all.

Reactions: Nemo83
I ordered as they went live on Friday, on Monday I changed my order colour and wheels, the App has since updated with my same ETA. so not sure if it has impacted delivery at all.
The YP delivery window timeline slipped about lunchtime on Monday (as I put my order in!) and I think the YSR timeline slipped late on Monday. So you were probably still in the first SRwindow but probably on the backend of it, assuming they try to deliver roughly in reservation order (allowing for options, delivery location and stuff like that).