Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model Y Long Range 2023 - I AM NEW!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Everyone,

My name is Will, I am 34 and have just ordered a Quicksliver Grey with Light Interior Tesla Model Y 2023 for my new company car. I love my tech and fell in love very quickly after the first test drive!

So, where do I start? In regards to the Interior brain I am sure I will fumble my way through after thousand of youtube hours.

However, the charging is the main point in me making an account on here. I have just switched from EON Enery to Octopus as I keep reading about the money saving if charging at night.

Can anyone explain the KWH the charging lead that is provided offers for a domestic property or do things change?
Id like to also know how long it takes to charge and how much it takes to charge?

Thanks,

William

Reactions: El joe
Just go through the videos on the Tesla site and in the App.
Leave YouTube out, too much misinformation and click-bait.

Money saving by charging on a time of use may be advantageous option, but it is not guaranteed to be. It depends on the usage for the remainder of your home. In the Southern US, I like my air conditioning in the afternoon. I don't want that to be the most expensive time to use it.

How long it takes to charge depends on how much you drive. The Model Y gets a little better than 3 miles per kWH of energy.
Most people drive less than 50 miles per day and depending on your charging solution, often means charging for a couple of hours nightly.

It appears that you are in England and your voltages and type of electricity are a little different, so I won't quote and confuse you the standard US numbers.

When travelling long distances, you'll be using the Tesla Superchargers or CCS stations along your route. The costs will probably be nearly the same as your previous vehicle, but home charging is significantly cheaper. It takes time to learn and optimize your travel charging regimen, but you will probably start at going from 20% to 80% and taking 30-45 minutes at each stop.
There are definitely ways to optimize this, but just the Tesla navigation system take car of it for you to begin with.

Welcome!!!