Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model Y-LR in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still just May -June for me, original RWD was ordered mid Jan, switched to LR day one (April 4?) I'm in VIC. When did you order yours? Looking promising for you!
I placed an RWD order on 26th March and switched to LR on 4th April. My SA told me the order date of the LR will be the applicable. I have VIN and QLD Rego Letter Of Approval for dealer to apply for rego on my behalf. It's marked with yellow where I should complete but I can't edit the form. I'm buggered if I know what needs to be done now and what it all means. My EDD is TBD now without a date range which is even more confusing.

E745BCCB-6058-4AE5-8DFD-EE5D96418195.jpeg

Ordered on 6th April 2023 for my MY LR

EDD to TBD today (5th May 2023)
VIN and registration application show my account, but haven’t gotten any text message from Tesla yet!

Why would anyone need to know what the VIN is prior to delivery?
It can be useful to find out where the car is, depending on which shipping company Tesla used.

And why would anyone need to know that? We don't, but some of us find it useful.
Doesn't it mean that if a VIN is issued, the vehicle actually exists?
Yep. Doesn't necessarily mean it's your vehicle though - just look at the last few pages of the main Model Y thread where people were assigned VINs, had them removed, and then either the same or a different VIN allocated today.