Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model Y-LR in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My EDD range moved forward by one day. Someone mentioned on the main thread that the 24/4 cars maybe on Grand Eagle currently heading to Melbourne and is scheduled to dock at Port Kembla on 24/05. A ray of hope there and for @hxofmylr as well if on the same ship. I don't know my build date yet.

Reactions: hxofmylr
My EDD range moved forward by one day. Someone mentioned on the main thread that the 24/4 cars maybe on Grand Eagle currently heading to Melbourne and is scheduled to dock at Port Kembla on 24/05. A ray of hope there and for @hxofmylr as well if on the same ship. I don't know my build date yet.
My build date is 24/4 and I'm in Brisbane, is that ship calling in to Brisbane too?

How do you change the order from an order to buying off the inventory without losing deposit
I believe you can do that if you ring their 1800 number. I didn't do it knowing how "helpful" they generally are and more importantly I thought someone else might buy it before I wait for the call center to get up and running on the day I ordered. But alas they are still available :). But never mind you still get a discount of $400 for inventory orders anyway. So even if they say you can't change the existing order to buy inventory you don't lose anything.

I still have both orders open like @aliciar and will take whichever one I can get by the EOFY. I am really hoping that is the MY LR.

Hi all, just noticed on my Vicroads registration form that Tesla have put me down for a "standard" number plate on my MY-LR. I didn't think about this when ordering, but I want a slimline plate. Cannot see an option now that I have a VIN. Did others choose slimline plates when ordering? I just assumed that is what it would come with, I know the Performance model does.

Hi all, just noticed on my Vicroads registration form that Tesla have put me down for a "standard" number plate on my MY-LR. I didn't think about this when ordering, but I want a slimline plate.
The Tesla "standard" in Victoria is to supply slimline plates, so when your invoice says STANDARD you get slimline.

Had you chosen the cheaper blue/white plates then your invoice would say STANDARD_BLUE_WHITE

Reactions: Leconte
Welcome to the queue, I may see you in July for pickup.
Do you have the final invoice & build date? I am yet to receive the invoice after inventory order last Friday. Received a weird second "Model Y assigned" SMS on Monday, VIN same. Don't know if it is random or they are buying time to produce the final invoice. Everything seems to be difficult for Tesla.