Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model Y-LR in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you paid your invoice with LCT included, then it was delivered after July with no LCT applicable, Tesla will re-issue the invoice and refund you the LCT. Same happens in reverse if your registration costs increase for example, they re-issue the invoice and ask you to pay the difference.

Okay interesting, well then I stand corrected, thanks! Aaand am happy to hear that.

Re-reading the official definition which literally says "...has NEVER been paypable on the sale of the car." makes it a bit more clear I guess, if you consider what you said and that the sale of the car isn't the day you pay the invoice, but the day you accept delivery. Roger that, thanks for clarification.

1684717351319.png

*This makes me even more comfortable knowing that my delivery date/purchase date will not be before 1 July with everything I'm reading on here.*

And failing that @cafz, does that mean one could technically delay delivery by a week or two if Tesla allows it? Just to push it over to July.

Reactions: Stuart2023
Just thought I would share my Model YLR timeline in case it helps anyone
  1. Ordered RWD Dec 6 2022 - SYD Alexandria
  2. Changed order to LR April 5th
  3. SMS to say vehicle assigned May 5th
  4. No VIN - installed chrome extension and refreshed everyday
  5. May 22nd -> got fed up of seeing everyone else rejoicing over there vins so I SMS'd Tesla asking if my VIN was assigned
    • They replied that VIN had been assigned 17 days ago but won't show on website until Final Invoice available
    • SA asked me to supply leasing company details via SMS
    • SA advised I would receive final invoice over next 1-3 days
  6. May 23rd -> did my daily login to check for VIN. Chrome extension pings to say VIN detected
    • Also notice that my rego forms are 1/2 filled out so i download them, fill them out then text SA to find out what I'm supposed to do
    • Email them back to [email protected]
  7. Signed up to Veda Prime
    • Looks like I'm on the Grand Eagle - unsure how much more I am allowed to share without breaking Vida rules
Thoughts / Observations
The SAs seem reactive, had I not SMS'd them I wound't have Rego complete, I wouldn't know my VIN, they wouldn't be preparing invoice because they never asked me for those details.

Anyway, excited to be a few steps closer - would love to know I've paid for my last tank of petrol on the current family car!

Reactions: shadab and hxofmylr
Same status here, Very excited finally ordered what I want. I have ordered my Y LR Blue 20"(under new 2023/24 LCT levels), seeing a 31 day backlog on twitter info, and assuming >2weeks shipping to delivery = arrival after 1st July. I have informed Tesla (SMS and in person), I will accept and pickup my order from 1st July onwards (my written agreement is to accept the car within 3mths = ok), and have also requested an invoice showing no LCT, awaiting this now, (as a Novated lease under LCT saves me $20K+ over a few years, so yes this is a big saving for those not understanding how Novated leases make a big difference overall, would be crazy if I went above this and missed out on that much).

My understanding is LCT will apply on the "sale/transfer" date for Tesla / Car Dealer / Private sale etc, that's the date the seller has to record it, according to what I have read on the ATO sites. Thus need an invoice for the "sale/transfer date". So I need Tesla to issue me an invoice for the price for a pickup "after" 1st July 2023, then pass this to my Novatel lease company to arrange payment. Even if I need to cancel my order that's maybe $400 lost, and a few more mths wait, not 20K missed out on. I'm sure Tesla will be accommodating, after all I've committed by placing an order which I do plan to honor, for what I have been waiting for past 12mths for. My desire is to pickup in July, thus the ordering now given lead-times / shipping-times seen here.

I'm keen to see what happens with a lot of us in this same thinking here (if Tesla issue a EDD date after 30th June do they update the invoices to the new LCT levels automatically ?). Mine showing EDD: June-July currently, but I doubt June now. Will Tesla update us with an invoice for 1st July onwards pickup without LCT showing, as the dates approach and no chance of delivering before etc ? The sooner I get such an invoice the quicker the novated lease company can setup everything in place. I'll keep all updated on this, as I'm sure many desire a Y LR AWD in 'colour' or different wheels or different internal colours, now under the new LCT levels published on the ATO site from July 2023 onwards.

Note: this is all my interpretation on how it all works, not my area of expertise, please do your own research, and please add any comments to help others as we figure this out. Ideally the LCT would have been abolished but it is what it is, an outdated tax (making about 1 Billion Aus each year), that stops people buying the top half of EV's available and making safety features offered in many higher end cars more expensive...

Reactions: shadab
Hi,

Anyone received any further updates within LR ordered early April and got EDD 10-30th June

Thanks
I am in the same boat as you, no further updates.

SA called last week to ask if payment will be ready to go as soon as delivery is scheduled and was confident that it will be delivered before 30 June. I am not confident. I am quite sure the vehicle is on Grand Eagle.

Reactions: JohnsonMYLR23
Note: this is all my interpretation on how it all works, not my area of expertise, please do your own research, and please add any comments to help others as we figure this out. Ideally the LCT would have been abolished but it is what it is, an outdated tax (making about 1 Billion Aus each year), that stops people buying the top half of EV's available and making safety features offered in many higher end cars more expensive...
I agree entirely. As if we weren't paying enough tax already. Major disincentive to move away from ICE.

Reactions: Stuart2023