Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model Y Standard Range AWD to be priced at $59,990 USD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.

!igs

Mar 29, 2022
CA
(moderator note)

Further discussion on the topic of tesla pricing is transitioned to the sticky thread here:

=================================

Last edited by a moderator:
It is. They might bring LR and P MSRP a few $1,000s higher...
I just reserved a PMY (red on white, no hitch or FSD) and it was $69,970. I almost didn’t want to do it. I’m in fact thinking about the BMW i4 or other competitors right now..

Love Tesla, but with Tesla vision causing a regression in AP functionality and other competitors catching up in that regard, the only real advantage for me right now is the charging network (and even that is only valuable during trips as I charge at home)

Ugh

sorry... but $60k for 280 miles of range mean that the competition like ID.4 / EV6 / Ioniq5 is $15k+ cheaper with comparable or better range and that the Mach E is several $k cheaper as well...

also... if a SR Model Y is $60k (!) ... the Cybertruck will be well north of $70k
This!!! It’s crazy. Not to mention how close competitors are getting on AP functionality.

I just reserved a PMY (red on white, no hitch or FSD) and it was $69,970. I almost didn’t want to do it. I’m in fact thinking about the BMW i4 or other competitors right now..

Love Tesla, but with Tesla vision causing a regression in AP functionality and other competitors catching up in that regard, the only real advantage for me right now is the charging network (and even that is only valuable during trips as I charge at home)

Ugh
at the rate of Tesla price increases - the BMW i4 looks more appealing every day... assuming they eventually catch up with the charging network

and better ride quality and less interior noise (Mach E and Ioniq 5 / EV6)

Having owned a Mach-E... I don't think the ride quality is any different nor noise. I measured myself and recall seeing Bjorn's noise test spreadsheet and it's all very close. My ICE RAV4 Prime was about 6-10 db louder than the EVs in gas mode.

The Ioniq 5 is most definitely quieter and of course the Korean twins have better/softer suspension (along with ID.4) but the Ioniq 5 handles like the Model Y.

The EV6 is closer to a hothatch (handling and cargo space) and similar to a RWD Mach-E and RWD Model 3.

When people complain about ride quality... they are truly talking about the 3. The ride is noticeable rougher than the Y.

The price for the LR had to be low enough for mass appeal. Once they split into SR and LR, it frees-up the constraints on LR pricing. I was suspecting that Tesla would set the SR modelY at $6k below current LR price, then gradually raise the price of LR by $6k over 4 months.

Since the m3 LR is $10k more than SR+ (?), I’d expect the mY LR to be 100% to 150% of that more than the mY SR. So… look for LR to go up by $1k/month until between $70k and $75k. Call it $72k.

It’s also possible that Tesla is busy ramping 4680 production, and could keep the small $3k difference between SR and LR as a way to keep demand for the 4680 cells in check.

Last edited:
sorry... but $60k for 280 miles of range mean that the competition like ID.4 / EV6 / Ioniq5 is $15k+ cheaper with comparable or better range and that the Mach E is several $k cheaper as well...

also... if a SR Model Y is $60k (!) ... the Cybertruck will be well north of $70k
People need to seriously consider how much they will be paying per kWh at home.. California none peek hours is about .35 😬 and will definitely be more each year..

Status
Not open for further replies.