Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model 3 and Y price drop Jan 2023 / April 2023 / Oct 2023 and All other Pricing Speculation going forward

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
(moderator note)

This will now be "the" price drop discussion / price speculation thread in the model Y subforum. It has been stickied to be found easier, and other threads on this topic will be locked and pointed to this one.

======================

It looks like the price of the MY just dropped $13k. I was upset when I didn't get one before year end for the 7.5k, but that looks like it might be a mixed blessing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Um... Yes. Yes it did. $52,990. Damn. I had thought they would reduce the whole lot, but not by that much. My guess is that it is as much for the IRA credit, but probably also for the expected drop in sales volume. Perhaps competition heating up too. What was it before? $65,990?

So, with the IRA in there, and with reduced state sales tax (approx.), and with the price drop, we're looking at just over $45,000 now. Holy wow!

I really blew it picking mine up at the beginning of December. Bummer. Big. Bummer.

Last edited:
I just bought my MYP in Sept for the old price….I’m pissed
We all are. Like, very. Along with more than a million other Tesla owners around the world. In China, the Y's are below $38,000, and might go down even more. Tesla was facing a big demand problem. Like someone said above, the demand had dropped off a cliff. Who would have bought one, at the previous price, and knowing there would be no $7,500 IRA credit given? Nobody.