Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model Y Standard Range AWD to be priced at $59,990 USD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your story is actually cuter as during that time car dealerships didn't even have inventory and the inventory they had was selling above MSRP even for a basic "non hot model" car. RV's even worse. The few that were at dealers were going for MSRP and RV's sell normilly for 25% below MSRP.
Wow! Pretty stunning for him to call @yellowr6 a liar based on no knowledge of his unique situation. I had friends who searched for their RAV4 prime for months and finally found one two states away in that period. Don't know what they paid, but the cars were rare as hen's teeth and I would not be surprised if they paid a dealer markup of $7500, especially given that they were $20000 some places a year ago.

1650553460779.png

It's kind of sad seeing people who never tried to go buy a RAV4 prime glibly insist that the multiple people bringing personal stories - often with photo evidence are all lying. If you naysayers believe in the mythical MSRP RAV4 Prime unicorns - by all means point us to an actual dealership that HAS them and is selling them that way. Go for it!
And not just links to websites or photos of Monroney stickers! The markups might not be posted there.

Reactions: WhiteWi and DrGriz
lol. yeah. right. back in July 2020 during peak covid there was a $7,500 (!) dealership markup on a Rav4. fairy tale time - or maybe should have gone to a different dealer. We had 10%+ unemployment in July 2020 , lock downs in many states and oil was $40 / bbl .... and car dealerships didnt have the power to demand such markups. And demand was low - given that it took you only 8 weeks from order to delivery with Tesla.

but hey - it's a cute story

haha. i think you’re thinking of the standard rav4 or rav4 hybrid?

when toyota first ship their prime to the states, I remember the sale guy telling me toyota only shipping liked 50 prime to the entire US. So yea, GL funding finding them or no markup.

again. This is CA. Maybe it’s different in TX With stealership. 😝

haha. i think you’re thinking of the standard rav4 or rav4 hybrid?

when toyota first ship their prime to the states, I remember the sale guy telling me toyota only shipping liked 50 prime to the entire US. So yea, GL funding finding them or no markup.

again. This is CA. Maybe it’s different in TX With stealership. 😝

They built and sold very few RAV4 Primes in 2020 (1070 in the US) - US: In 2020, Toyota Sold 3,200 RAV4 Prime

I've owned two (lol - long story)... but only got them because of end of year push here in FL. They were NOT available in FL before late summer 2021 as they primarily went to ZEV states and are still not available in many states.

Toyota for some reason simply won't or can't build enough of them and doesn't seem to be interested in ramping up another factory. Tesla is an EV manufacturing behemoth compared to other carmakers - who are struggling with producing EVs/PHEVs at scale.

Though, it does seem Tesla is struggling to ramp up 4680 cell production.

They built and sold very few RAV4 Primes in 2020 (1070 in the US) - US: In 2020, Toyota Sold 3,200 RAV4 Prime

I've owned two (lol - long story)... but only got them because of end of year push here in FL. They were NOT available in FL before late summer 2021 as they primarily went to ZEV states and are still not available in many states.

Toyota for some reason simply won't or can't build enough of them and doesn't seem to be interested in ramping up another factory. Tesla is an EV manufacturing behemoth compared to other carmakers - who are struggling with producing EVs/PHEVs at scale.

Though, it does seem Tesla is struggling to ramp up 4680 cell production.

Yea. I remember wrong. The sale guy probably said 500. 🤦‍♂️

Thx for clarifying. 👍. It was a low number early on.

Yep, and a car sitting on a lot with the factory window sticker on it does not always mean that the dealer will SELL you that car for MSRP - That is exactly the situation I found when I was considering getting a RAV4 Prime. I went to the local Toyota dealer. They had a prime on the lot, with a perfectly normal window sticker on it. I drove it, and offered to buy it at the displayed price. Dealer immediately waved me off "Oh, no, that's just the 'factory' sticker, these are going for $12k over." I stared in disbelief (since this added not only $12k to the cost of the car, but also another couple thousand in higher taxes, license fee etc which are indexed to the purchase price). $62k for a RAV4? Seriously? Yep.

Buh Bye! I put a deposit down on my Tesla the next day. For MSRP. For LESS than the Rav4. And despite the supply crisis and prices going up by $8k between when I ordered and when I took delivery - Tesla got me my car at the exact MSRP I ordered it at. No nonsense. No arguing.

Yeah, the question you should have had asked, why is still on the lot? Not so many folks who are willing to through $10k over msrp for a RAV4. The boom is slowing down. How badly would you want the RAV4 to pay that much over the msrp?

You would think this is a joke and not real but I have seen many of those pictures from all kind of dealers. I hope people revolt and never go back to those dealers.
A hopefully extreme example, but yes, it really underscores what the supply chain issues have done to the entire industry. Might get worse before it gets better. I wish people who are complaining about a month or two delay would get some perspective. It's really bad.

Oh! boy come November/December people/customers are going to order Tesla insanely. You guys talk about EVs-I'm excited about T$LA.
well... not sure how many Tesla's would even qualify given the msrp cap of $55k and battery restrictions of 40% USA (battery fine print still being defined). Currently the Model 3 SR+ would be under the price limit but the battery is from China... and the Model 3 AWD has a US battery but is too much $. Tesla will definitely bring down the Model 3 AWD to exactly $55k to qualify... but then again ... not everybody is even eligible (individual filers above $150k and joint filing $300k). So you are looking at folks making less and still ordering a $55k mid size sedan "insanely" (with a looming recession and sky high financing rates).

well... not sure how many Tesla's would even qualify given the msrp cap of $55k and battery restrictions of 40% USA (battery fine print still being defined). Currently the Model 3 SR+ would be under the price limit but the battery is from China... and the Model 3 AWD has a US battery but is too much $. Tesla will definitely bring down the Model 3 AWD to exactly $55k to qualify... but then again ... not everybody is even eligible (individual filers above $150k and joint filing $300k). So you are looking at folks making less and still ordering a $55k mid size sedan "insanely" (with a looming recession and sky high financing rates).
I thought the cap for SUVs was set to $80K and $55K for sedans, so the RWD 3 would qualify and so would both LR and P Y. The battery sourcing requirement I thought doesn’t kick in until 2024, no?

I thought the cap for SUVs was set to $80K and $55K for sedans, so the RWD 3 would qualify and so would both LR and P Y. The battery sourcing requirement I thought doesn’t kick in until 2024, no?

Yes, 80k limit on SUVs.

No, the battery requirement doesn't have a year delay in it - that's a mis-read of the law. It requires 40% content in 2023, and then that threshold goes UP by 10% per year starting in 2024

if Tesla use 4680 for SR MY it'll receive $7500 with no battery incentive complication as it's Made in USA.
Only until the mineral requirements come into affect. Then it probably won't qualify for full amount.

I don't see Tesla offering MYAWD for direct order before the March changes. You can try to find them in inventory and they will get the $7500 credit for now.

• Informative
Reactions: vickh
Status
Not open for further replies.