Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla ModeModel 3 vs. Chevy Bolt

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apparently the bolt is the most reliable ev as well.

Top 5 Most Reliable Electric Cars For 2018
It's a pretty bog simple car at the heart of it, "new" but the body is heavily based around the Aero/Sonic, and they seem to have done a decent job of putting it together.

The only issue I've seen (I mean outside the esthetics of the passenger front door alignment being off to a degree noticeable from inside the car, or this is a design asymmetry? I've never really checked into it) is once the A/C refused to work in Auto mode. "Turned it off" got out and locked, to see if that'd reset it (the only reboot I know for it?). Still didn't work. I would have just pressed on anyway, yes even in TX because whatever, if I was alone. However the wife was with me so I'd turned around to park it when I figured out I could get it to blow some modestly cool air by manually cranking everything up to full but on Auto it still wouldn't do anything.

So we decided to press the matter (because the alternative was still the Camry at that time) and use the manual for the 1hr trip to where we were going. Sub-optimal on comfort but the wife found it bearable. I shut it off after we got there and when we got back in after the Auto would engage. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That was kinda disconcerting, hopefully it doesn't happen again, but outside that incident it's been solid coming on 25K miles now. Keeping in mind that I don't hang out in Bolt circles that much, I'd never heard of this before.

Last edited:
I think traffic at a light works better that way for all concerned.
How so ?
Get to the red light fast sooner or later, you will leave the intersection at the same time.

I'm skeptical of your rationalization. From what I see, people are unwilling to take a chance that someone cuts in front of them so they speed along with the other fools --- as if that saves any time.

So it's imaginary crap you tried to shovel on us. "Approximate". LOL
I said it was approximate when I posted it.

Tesla may do similar things when they occasionally releasing maps that project future Supercharger locations. Perhaps all of their new locations on those maps are precise and exact? I haven’t checked them against subsequent actual installation locations.

I did check some of the 60+ new Electrify America installations that have known precise locations against the official EA projected approximate location map. The projected locations match up pretty well with actual locations except in a few cases. No, I didn’t do a comprehensive comparison study .

You can do that yourself if you want by using the addresses on EA’s Coming Soon and Open lists on their website. Or, just go to PlugShare on a desktop browser and filter for only Electrify America sites since folks have been carefully entering EA’s lists into the PlugShare database. Then compare that map against the EA projected location map.

Come on, don't insult our intelligence like that. Go shovel your road apples somewhere else if you're going to be like that.....
My thoughts exactly. :) We’re in agreement!

This is where TACC really shines, IMO. Set it and forget it.
Just remember to apply the brakes when approaching an intersection with a red light and no car ahead of you....

• Disagree
Reactions: ℬête Noire
The unofficial and more readable Electrify America projected Cycle 1 highway charging location map I first posted vs the subset of locations that have exact and precise known locations on PlugShare today.

5F80D755-644D-4DBB-B394-DF243A936903.png

4604DEBF-2F7A-462A-B570-A6D978A49810.jpeg

• Disagree
Reactions: ℬête Noire
Tesla may do similar things when they occasionally releasing maps that project future Supercharger locations.
No.

Just stop it. Tesla does place "grey pins" at town level uncertainty, but that abomination is well past that. That first map you posted was nothing like that. It wasn't even EA, it was clearly 3rd party fabricated nonsense. It didn't square with EA's data, as I pointed out in a clear, easily verifiable way.

And still you insist on re-posting it? Why? What exactly is your malfunction?

P.S. The "will be finished by end of 2019" is fantasy, as well, although on EA's part. It's like Tesla labeling large swaths of grey pins with those target numbers. To figure out final siting on the bulk of those, negotiate leases, go through local permitting, and then construction, and then commissioning of those in 15 months is not realistic in any way. Local permitting alone is typically several months. The Fort Stockton SC that's just finished construction, but is still awaiting power company certifying and turning on the meter, first entered permitting in November 2016.

How so ?
Get to the red light fast sooner or later, you will leave the intersection at the same time.

I'm skeptical of your rationalization. From what I see, people are unwilling to take a chance that someone cuts in front of them so they speed along with the other fools --- as if that saves any time.
At least for me, I don't even think of someone cutting in front of me at a stoplight.* If someone creeps slowly forward ahead of me at a light, I have two choices:

(1) I can do the same. I really don't want to have to be do this, moving slowly forward and staying alert to ensure I don't rear-end the car in front of me. Basically it turns a traffic light into my least favorite form of traffic, the slow-moving, can stop-at-any-time rolling backup. If I'm stopped, I can relax. I don't have to worry about rear-ending the car in front of me. Safe and easy.

(2) I can stop and allow a gap to open between us. If we're talking small number of cars at a light, this isn't a big deal, even if it looks weird. In heavy traffic, open spaces at light can be really bad. They can cause backups from one light to reach the light behind as fewer cars can fit between them, screwing up traffic flow royally.

---

* And for the record, if you want to get in front of me in any traffic conditions, just signal. I'll let you in.