Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla moments

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Moment #1

Guy : What kind of car is that? That’s a sweet car!

Me : (grinning and I can't stop) Thanks! It’s a Tesla

Guy : A TESLA! One of those electric cars?

Me : Yes

Guy : That’s is sweeet, man oh man that is a sweeeet car

Me : Thank you! It is pretty nice

Moment #2

Lady : Your car is so pretty and so quite, all I heard was your tires

Me : She is pretty nice, thank you so much

Moment #3

Leaving a restaurant with my family and heading back to the car (Sister, her husband and my father)

My Father : I'll ride in the Tesla

I'll pull out my phone and summon the car

My Sister : What? Wow! Dad look it's driving itself!

Sister's Husband : Smiles and rushes to take out his phone as I summon the car, he fumbles it as he tries to not look away to not miss a moment "Do it again, Do it again"

Father : Wow I'm definitely driving in the Tesla with my son!

...And that’s when I realized the car was worth every single penny :)

This one's a little creepy...

At the Glen Allen Supercharger just getting 100 miles of range to complete some baseball travel with the kids and a woman in an ICE with her passenger and dog pulled up in the spaces opposite the SC spaces and just stared at me for the 15 minutes or so I used the SC. Didn't come up to me, didn't take pictures, didn't say a word.

I learned that day not all Tesla moments are fun.
Not creepy, she's been trying to get those pumps to work for WEEKS and just wanted to see what she has been doing wrong.

Went on a road trip with the family and roads were rough with some dirt roads and such so we took our Pathfinder. Get to the house and I step out of the car and we unpack. Half hour later my wife says the car is still running. I shake my head and laugh. Have had the car a month and I already can't drive my ICE vehicle. Can't wait to trade in the pathfinder for the X!!

This one's a little creepy...

At the Glen Allen Supercharger just getting 100 miles of range to complete some baseball travel with the kids and a woman in an ICE with her passenger and dog pulled up in the spaces opposite the SC spaces and just stared at me for the 15 minutes or so I used the SC. Didn't come up to me, didn't take pictures, didn't say a word.

I learned that day not all Tesla moments are fun.

Very similar event happened to me at the Auburn Mall, MA supercharger. At night. Everything closed down. Nobody anywhere else around. Very creepy to begin with. I'm sitting there charging, and a small white beater of a car, like a Toyota Tercel type car drove up perpendicular and about 10-15 feet in front of me, and the driver (female) and passenger (male) just stood there, looking at me and the car and the SCs. For between 5 and 10 minutes (probably seemed longer than it was). I wasn't sure what they were doing, but it sure felt like they were considering robbing me. But I was sitting there like a dead duck because I was plugged in and couldn't just drive away. I also didn't want to get out of my car. They eventually drove away, but for a few minutes there, it was dicey.

• Funny
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
A non-moment. Tourist couple in a nicely appointed Buick parked alongside as I was getting my dogs into the back from their walk in the park. My driver’s door was set to auto and got in the way of the driver getting out. Rear hatch was wide open. We stand behind the car for a few minutes chatting about our dogs and they ask about the beach. I noticed they didn’t even glance around or inside the car. First time messing with the car with people nearby that I was not asked about it. Maybe we could have had a moment if I had opened a FWD. Felt weird.

• Funny
Reactions: Fresco
Very similar event happened to me at the Auburn Mall, MA supercharger. At night. Everything closed down. Nobody anywhere else around. Very creepy to begin with. I'm sitting there charging, and a small white beater of a car, like a Toyota Tercel type car drove up perpendicular and about 10-15 feet in front of me, and the driver (female) and passenger (male) just stood there, looking at me and the car and the SCs. For between 5 and 10 minutes (probably seemed longer than it was). I wasn't sure what they were doing, but it sure felt like they were considering robbing me. But I was sitting there like a dead duck because I was plugged in and couldn't just drive away. I also didn't want to get out of my car. They eventually drove away, but for a few minutes there, it was dicey.
Must we assume that everyone who's socially awkward is creepy? I fear that would lead to more than a couple of us being labeled creepy...

• Helpful
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
Must we assume that everyone who's socially awkward is creepy? I fear that would lead to more than a couple of us being labeled creepy...

Um, yeah, whoever was driving that Model X back from the Berkshires, I swear we weren't stalking you. We noticed the (parked) Model X when we were leaving Tanglewood. On the way home, we stopped at a supercharger and saw what turned out to be the same Model X. When I noticed a family heading toward the car, I told our passengers to keep an eye on the car, we might see the falcon doors in action.

We could have greeted the driver with something like "beautiful day for a drive" or "the X looks great!" and not blurted out something like "HeywereyoujustatTanglewoodbecausewesawanXjustlikethis!"

You'd think we'd know better, but apparently not. Sorry, dude.

I did not for a second assume they were socially awkward. I assumed they were going to rob me and were just casing the joint to see how secluded it is. At night, it is very secluded to the point of being dangerous. There's one mall cop that drives around, but not that often after hours.