Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla moments

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Tesla moment happened in the parking lot of a Richmond BC Home Depot when two guys in a pickup truck pulled up beside me as I was about to leave and asked me if I wanted to buy a 60" screen plasma TV? I said no thanks thinking that it was probably hot and I was fine with the TV I had already. Then they said "Hey man you have a Tesla, so you're loaded!"
I had to laugh, if I had said yes, how would I have placed the TV into the trunk.

Reactions: hiroshiy
My Tesla moment happened in the parking lot of a Richmond BC Home Depot when two guys in a pickup truck pulled up beside me as I was about to leave and asked me if I wanted to buy a 60" screen plasma TV? I said no thanks thinking that it was probably hot and I was fine with the TV I had already. Then they said "Hey man you have a Tesla, so you're loaded!"
I had to laugh, if I had said yes, how would I have placed the TV into the trunk.

Somebody (@JPP?) put not one but two large screen TVs in the back of an S, stacked flat.

Bruce.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
Somebody (@JPP?) put not one but two large screen TVs in the back of an S, stacked flat.

Bruce.
I put a single 60" in mine with plenty of space left for another one. When doing it the salesman said, "it will not fit in that car". The warehouse guy said, "sure it will, it's a Tesla"
In another episode I put a love seat and four chairs. The store employees asked me where my truck was, I pointed to my S and they said "impossible". Twenty minutes later my spouse and I were driving home. The store manager had come out during the process and had asked many questions about the car. I finally told him it was electric and he was shocked! I was surprised because this was happening in Miami, hardly an unusual place to see Tesla.

A surreal moment. Next time I'll try to pull over and get a picture highlighting past and future...

We were in Lancaster PA on Saturday, and it was so strange to have to pass so many horse drawn carriages. Wonder what the Amish thought as we silently went by?

While I didn't leave them in exhaust fumes, we got home and I noticed the wheel wells and rocker panels were loaded with what the horses left deposited on the roads. Thought to myself, oh *sugar*. And yes, it was.

Bruce.

I just put a single 65" in the box laid flat (back seats down) @ Costco November 2015--the Costco employee helping me wheel the cart to the car was ready to turn back once he saw that I was going to fit it into my S (...yes, I did pre-measure). He was suitably impressed. And of course I then loaded up the obligatory packs of Kirkland paper towels and TP on top. One of the reasons why I might not pull the trigger on my Model 3 reservation...

I've had quite a few people say that I must be rich to own a Tesla. I always say, I was until I bought this car.

I've had quite a few people say that I must be rich to own a Tesla. I always say, I was until I bought this car.
Funny how you never hear someone say "You must be rich to smoke two packs of cigarettes a day, every day", though that seems a
much greater "luxury" (or, at least, "discretionary expense").

A surreal moment. Next time I'll try to pull over and get a picture highlighting past and future...

We were in Lancaster PA on Saturday, and it was so strange to have to pass so many horse drawn carriages. Wonder what the Amish thought as we silently went by?

While I didn't leave them in exhaust fumes, we got home and I noticed the wheel wells and rocker panels were loaded with what the horses left deposited on the roads. Thought to myself, oh *sugar*. And yes, it was.

My father was born in 1920 and there were still a fair number of horse drawn vehicles around when he was a kid, especially delivery and household service vehicles like milk delivery and such. He remembers cars being advertised as "pollution free".

I did some reading about the situation in cities at the dawn of motor vehicles and the horse manure problem was staggering. Larger cities had a massive waste problem. New York city in 1900 had to deal with 1200 tons of it a day, plus around 100,000 liters of urine in the street.

Bytes: The Great Horse Manure Crisis of 1894

Yep, a 60" LCD in the box fits fine.

Sure, but how about a 55" TV in a Smart Electric?!

From my thread:
Smart ED and CPO Tesla S85 in Toronto

img_20141228_161505-jpg.224581

There's always someone without any basis of fact disparaging Smart cars. I bought it because I have a short commute on city streets. No highway.

The Smart Electric Drive has the smallest amount of carbon from production, use and recycle of any car made.

Our Tesla is nowhere close to the total emissions of a gas car, but compared to a Smart ED, the Tesla required much larger amount of materials in manufacture.

Back on topic.

My moment from a week ago.
SCENE : My local greasy spoon burger and shakes joint.

The owner / cook notices my EV and says 'battery?'. We get on a 30 minute discussion of 'the usual' questions/concerns and multiple people in the line waiting also discuss and by the end it becomes obvious some is really happening.

Most people don't know much about EV's but at least 4 people out of 10 in the burger shop were looking at one for their next car.

I felt this funny feeling like deja vue....when my 97 year old neighbour talked about the stock market to me just a few days before the big tech crash in 2008...something familiar about the feeling that people are talking about things right before a major event....I'm hoping that EV's take off.

I felt this funny feeling like deja vue....when my 97 year old neighbour talked about the stock market to me just a few days before the big tech crash in 2008...something familiar about the feeling that people are talking about things right before a major event....I'm hoping that EV's take off.
And hopefully not the more direct parallel that this implies... :eek:

I actually had a Tesla moment with a co-worker last Friday after I picked up the car, I went back to work and I was getting ready to leave and a co-worker asked me for a "jump".......I said, I can't!!! I don't have a battery!!! And he looked at me like I was pulling his leg.....then I said, well, I don't have a battery that's easily accessible!!!! LoL Then I told him I just picked up my Tesla today!!! as he stared at me with a blank stare.......