Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla moments

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla, Jr. moment...

Headed to work in my RAV4EV, and a black Model S pulls up behind me at he light at the bottom of the HOV-only off ramp. We both turn left, he catches me at the next stop light and gives me a big thumbs up and a grin. As he takes off, I see it's a P85 (Yeah, the RAV is peppy, but not peppier than a Model S). Made my morning. I sometimes feel like I'm driving a stealth EV.

Tesla, Jr. moment...

Headed to work in my RAV4EV, and a black Model S pulls up behind me at he light at the bottom of the HOV-only off ramp. We both turn left, he catches me at the next stop light and gives me a big thumbs up and a grin. As he takes off, I see it's a P85 (Yeah, the RAV is peppy, but not peppier than a Model S). Made my morning. I sometimes feel like I'm driving a stealth EV.

I saw a RAV4 EV in Jersey the other day. Didn't realize they sold them there.

Green Eyed Motors in Boulder had one of them on their website for sale, maybe it was that one. They seem to have lots of EVs that are CA only like the Fiat. Seems risky to me to buy something you can't get serviced, but maybe they have the service books on it.

The final model year was 2014, so any you're seeing advertised now are used vehicles. There are a number of them out of state at this point, and getting them serviced has proven to be doable, although sometimes a Toyota roving engineer has had to step in to help.

There's a good forum for the RAV4EV: Toyota Rav4 EV Forum - Toyota Rav4 EV Forum for the Rav4 Electric Vehicle

Don't want to derail this thread with too much RAV talk.

I was at a grocery store today, parked out in Siberia, to avoid door dings, etc. As I was approaching the car with my groceries I noticed a couple of guys a pretty good distance away, walking in my direction. I put the groceries in the trunk, and then turned to return the cart. When I headed back from returning the cart, the guys had reached the car, and were admiring it. As I approached one of them said, "Beautiful car", and we started talking. They asked me how I liked it and I told them I was really happy with the car, but was having issues with the company lately. I gave them the one example of the change in ranger / valet policy, and they laughed and said that would end up in a law suit. As it turns out, these guys had been considering purchasing a Model S in another state. I gave them my contact info, and said they could call if they had questions.