Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla moments

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The "Tesla nod" is for those who live in high-Tesla-density locations, where spotting another Tesla is a routine thing. For us hicks who live in "Hey, buddy, whut kina new-fangled vee-hick-ul is that?"-country we flash lights, beep horns, wave with both hands (thus showing off auto-steer ;)) and generally make an unseemly ruckus when we see another Tesla. :)

Ah, excellent - then I unknowingly got it right!!!

The "Tesla nod" is for those who live in high-Tesla-density locations, where spotting another Tesla is a routine thing. For us hicks who live in "Hey, buddy, whut kina new-fangled vee-hick-ul is that?"-country we flash lights, beep horns, wave with both hands (thus showing off auto-steer ;)) and generally make an unseemly ruckus when we see another Tesla. :)
I'm definitely letting you know when I head to your neck of the woods. I want to see these wild antics.

Reactions: Cyclone
Not sure if this is a "Tesla Moment" per se, but this weekend we didn't leave the house at all on Sunday -- just had a relaxing day at home. Sunday evening I told my wife I was bummed because I didn't get to drive the Tesla at all that day. She just sighed and called me a dork.
I now make up reasons to run errands. My wife knows why, but she just shakes her head and laughs (at me). Did I really "need" to drive and get the family a lime and blackberry pie for Sunday night desert? You bet your ass, I did! Think of the calamity that would have almost certainly befallen us if I'd merely stayed at home - without pie. Oh, the humanity.

I now make up reasons to run errands. My wife knows why, but she just shakes her head and laughs (at me). Did I really "need" to drive and get the family a lime and blackberry pie for Sunday night desert? You bet your ass, I did! Think of the calamity that would have almost certainly befallen us if I'd merely stayed at home - without pie. Oh, the humanity.

"Lime and blackberry pie"? Really? Is this a thing?

Whole Foods had them for sale and I'd never had one before, so what the heck? It was a nice way to finish off the steak and shrimp dinner we'd cooked (purchased during another impromptu shopping excursion from earlier that same day).

What can I say, the San Jose Whole Foods has a dope outdoor beer garden and preferred EV parking out front. :cool:

Reactions: mshuang and msnow
Knucklehead me left the house with wallet in hand and glasses. Put the car in reverse out of the driveway then drive to go to work. Got to the end of our street and the dash reads basically the car won't move because it can't detect the fob !!! What, I am at a spot that isn't the best, SPRINTING back home to get it after I put the hazards on, I came back in time for nothing to have happened to others or the car.
Still recovering from the all out SPRINT that I had to do though.....BRING YOUR FOB !!!!!

Knucklehead me left the house with wallet in hand and glasses. Put the car in reverse out of the driveway then drive to go to work. Got to the end of our street and the dash reads basically the car won't move because it can't detect the fob !!! What, I am at a spot that isn't the best, SPRINTING back home to get it after I put the hazards on, I came back in time for nothing to have happened to others or the car.
Still recovering from the all out SPRINT that I had to do though.....BRING YOUR FOB !!!!!
Why not just use your phone app (unless you left that, too?)

• Informative
Reactions: Cyclone and msnow
I now make up reasons to run errands. My wife knows why, but she just shakes her head and laughs (at me). Did I really "need" to drive and get the family a lime and blackberry pie for Sunday night desert? You bet your ass, I did! [...]
When I first read your post, I didn't know lime & blackberry pie was a thing. I assumed you meant you got a lime (maybe for margaritas?), and also a pie - so my natural initial reaction was... "Whoa, you coulda made two separate trips to the grocery store!" :)

Ok so road trip to San Jose for lime and blackberry pie. Leaving now
If you're going as far as San Jose for berry pie go just a little further west over to Pescadero and pick up an Ollalieberry pie from Duart's. The drive over the mountains is most Tesla-worthy. And the pie? Well, any Bay Area person who knows about Duart's can tell you...

If you're going as far as San Jose for berry pie go just a little further west over to Pescadero and pick up an Ollalieberry pie from Duart's. The drive over the mountains is most Tesla-worthy. And the pie? Well, any Bay Area person who knows about Duart's can tell you...
First of all, yes - that drive is very Tesla worthy. Second of all, if we're going to Duart's for pie let's go early enough in the day that a bloody mary or two fits naturally within the experience.

When I first read your post, I didn't know lime & blackberry pie was a thing. I assumed you meant you got a lime (maybe for margaritas?), and also a pie - so my natural initial reaction was... "Whoa, you coulda made two separate trips to the grocery store!" :)
Actually, the pie *was* my second trip of the day to that particular Whole Foods. I'd seen the pie while shopping earlier that day but passed at the time. After dinner, a lime and black berry pie sounded awesome so I was largely compelled to drive and get one. I'd likely have been a failure - both as a father and a husband - had I not made that second trip.

My wife has noticed that I do a lot more of the food shopping lately. She knows that I just like the excuse to go for a drive. But at the same time she likes how I come home from the store all excited to cook the meal I just bought because she likes it when we cook together. (She thinks that's romantic). So... thanks for that Telsa? And the pie.