Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla moments

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Driving up behind unwitting pedestrians seemingly bent on walking in roadways when there are perfectly good sidewalks and footways to use, and having to slow down, creep up, wait and then and pass by them silently as they turn their necks to glance over at the almost silent electric vehicle passing in their midst they were not even aware of moments before. priceless.

Reactions: dedicatedtek
Driving up behind unwitting pedestrians seemingly bent on walking in roadways when there are perfectly good sidewalks and footways to use, and having to slow down, creep up, wait and then and pass by them silently as they turn their necks to glance over at the almost silent electric vehicle passing in their midst they were not even aware of moments before. priceless.
The stereo goes to 11. :D

Sounds like the Model S test drive I took in April. It took an extra minute or two to get out of the parking lot since at least 3 people were walking down the middle of the parking lot while I rolled silently behind them.

Now every time I see a commercial for some random ICE -- BMW, Jaguar, Acura, whatever -- I just shake my head sadly and mutter "poor guys, spending all that money trying to drum up a little excitement for your product."

Ads for car companies seem to appear frequently on my newsfeed. Every time without fail, I ask them why they aren't making an EV (or if they do, why it isn't available in my country). Eventually they'll get the message.

• Helpful
  • Funny
Reactions: Adm and newtman
Picked X Thursday eve. It does live outside in driveway in front of house Saturday afternoon 2 boys on bicycles 11maybe, circling
While driving around a senior relative's neighborhood showing off Tesla (25mph), 2 bicyclers came near and gave me the thumbs up. My relative was surprised and but said, "you call it a computer on wheels. Well, young people must know all about these cars".

Sounds like the Model S test drive I took in April. It took an extra minute or two to get out of the parking lot since at least 3 people were walking down the middle of the parking lot while I rolled silently behind them.
We've taken our car out to a few car shows and we showed up to one a tad late. Getting through the crowd to an open spot was a constant stream of people being surprised that there was actually a car behind them.

• Funny
Reactions: JenniferQ
I never thought I'd experience this in the Tesla-land that is the San Francisco Bay Area. This afternoon, my son and I walked out of a store at a mall to see two women taking pictures standing in front of my S (nice thing about metallic silver, they probably couldn't see how dirty the car is). Unfortunately they hopped into their SUV and drove away before we could shake off our surprise and go talk to them.

Bruce.

Reactions: ModelX and Krebnarb
Saw my first Model S "in the wild", aka not at an organized gathering, since I have become an owner, and rather than the classy discreet Tesla nod, I waved like a crazy person - and they waved back! Then this morning on my way to work, a Leaf flashed me - hopefully a happy "EVs unite!" flash.

On the TV ads, the new Audi ad that suggests the Audi is now super automated and aware - my husband said "See, just like our car" and I gave him what I hope was a withering glare of disgust... :)

rather than the classy discreet Tesla nod, I waved like a crazy person
The "Tesla nod" is for those who live in high-Tesla-density locations, where spotting another Tesla is a routine thing. For us hicks who live in "Hey, buddy, whut kina new-fangled vee-hick-ul is that?"-country we flash lights, beep horns, wave with both hands (thus showing off auto-steer ;)) and generally make an unseemly ruckus when we see another Tesla. :)