Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla moments

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was parked in downtown Plymouth, MA, America's Hometown, as we like to call it. I was getting some emails done before I got out to grab a coffee. Out of no where, I am scared half to death by someone knocking on my passenger window. After my heart rate dropped back to a reasonable level I rolled the window down and a very nice German women with a big friendly smile asked me if she could take a few pictures of me and my Tesla! We chatted for a bit, she was very excited, and mentioned over and over about how much she loves Tesla. I of course obliged, and gave a big toothy smile myself. :D

Reactions: Xenius and ModelX
Putting groceries in the frunk. Watcher with a grin "that just looks so strange". I got the feeling he knew about, but hadn't seen a frunk before.

The frunk perfectly holds a 14" pizza without any shifting. Well it does on a pre-facelift D car. Used it Sunday night

Last night was at a light and a guy in a huge SUV yelled over to me nice car. That is all electric right? Is it silent? Isn't it Weird. My responses were thanks, yep, and yes it is still getting used to it.

Only had my car for about two weeks and haven't driven a ton after the road trip but I noticed trying to use the right control stalk in a 7 series to shift into reverse last weekend. Mind you I have been driving my BMW for 7 years, not a 7 series but same layout.

Reactions: Xenius and Cyclone
Unbelievable. How the hell did you score that? How about some details on the car?

It was manufactured as a service loaner for the Seattle market. I guess because of the date it was manufactured and insinuating circumstances of the first person out scratching one of the front fenders, it was in the body shop to get the fender replaced all the while Tesla refreshed the noses on the cars. So they retired it immediately. It sat for a couple months in inventory and got posted to the website only one time (via search) on 8/30 according to ev-cpo.com. I had a list of cars that I would seriously look at come 9/29 when the Q3 deals were at its highest. All the P90D's sold off the site like hot cakes with the good deals to be had, but this one kept being all alone, nobody to buy it. I realized why, because I couldn't find it on the tesla website anywhere. Except via direct link, and it wasn't on ev-cpo anymore either. On 9/28 the direct link I had copied down was still working for this car. Gave my buddy who works at Tesla a buzz and got the details on the car, service loaner, minor fender repair that was replaced with a new part at the service center, 105 mi on the odo, drivers optioned, so P90DL, spring suspension, 19" wheels (better all around IMO), Pano, AP, subzero, alcantara, and nextgen seats. Exactly as I would have ordered, save the audio system. Apparently Tesla removed all the compounded discounts on 9/28, but for some reason they were still being applied to my car, so I pulled the trigger. It was in Seattle, and I HAD to pick it up 9/29 to be eligible for special financing/lease options. I originally opted to lease because it was crazy low, like 850/mo for a P90DL which is unheard of, but then I decided to go the finance route because I know I'll drive the hell out of the car. Alliant approved for the 1.49% but my personal credit union has a deal where they beat anyone you're approved by 1% so I got 0.49% on the deal. I flew up to Seattle from Portland and drove home.

Just got Tint and paint armor done at one of the most recommended shops in the pacific northwest, which happens to be right by my house. I'm getting the nose cone wrapped in Carbon Fiber so that's off right now.
Fleta.jpg

Last edited:
Running some errands around town yesterday in the last day of summer weather.

Was sitting at a light with pano roof open and windows down. I hear "I like your plate!" and I look over and there's a truck next to me, guy and his kid in it and he had yelled through a partially open window. I turned and said "thanks!" and then he rolled down his window and proceeded to ask what year it was and say he loved the color. Made me smile :)

Oh, license plate is "THFUTUR"

Today I stopped at the local Safeway to pick up some milk. I was in a hurry to get through all my errands and get home as I had a lot to do. While I was getting into the car a kid rode up on a bike and told me he loved the car and said he had seen my car and the other one around town (there are actually two gray ones, a 60 and an 85). We chatted for a minute even though I was in a rush.

Today I stopped at the local Safeway to pick up some milk. I was in a hurry to get through all my errands and get home as I had a lot to do. While I was getting into the car a kid rode up on a bike and told me he loved the car and said he had seen my car and the other one around town (there are actually two gray ones, a 60 and an 85). We chatted for a minute even though I was in a rush.

Nice, I love that so many kids seem to know Tesla. I've heard many younger folks say to parents "look, it's a Tesla!". It's part of the reason why when I was in a parade a few weeks ago and a kid yelled (joking) can I have a ride? I told him and his friends to hop in for a few minutes. They loved it, the kid in front knew his Tesla facts too. Brought a big 'ole grin to my face.

I had a good one last night (Halloween). We live just outside the dense part of the neighborhood. I was driving my daughter and her friends to a more popular trick-or-treating part of the neighborhood (houses closer together, less traffic). We were driving about 0.5 mph past kids already on the street. My daughter asked if we could open the windows so she could shout to friends as we drove past to find a place to park.

I heard a kid say "Oh wow! A Tesla! He must have great candy!"

Here's an anticipated Tesla moment: My son's daycare is doing a "Trunk or Treat" where parents are asked to decorate the trunks of their cars and pass out goodies to the kids for Halloween. We signed up and are going to be the first to "Frunk or Treat." I am thinking maybe spread some fake cobwebs, hang skeleton from the frunk latch, and have a bunch of candy that they can grab from the frunk. Should be fun.

Frunk or Treat was a success!
IMG_20161028_161524.jpg

The kids were happy for the candy, and I got about half a dozen questions about the car, mostly from dads. Three of them had Model 3 reservations already! We tried not to go too scary since we had kids all the way down to 18 months participating. But we decided next year we are going to have a good theme other than "on sale at Michael's."

Frunk or Treat was a success!
View attachment 200898

The kids were happy for the candy, and I got about half a dozen questions about the car, mostly from dads. Three of them had Model 3 reservations already! We tried not to go too scary since we had kids all the way down to 18 months participating. But we decided next year we are going to have a good theme other than "on sale at Michael's."
Perhaps the frunkified version of either this https://www.carfax.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/Ogre-Patrol.jpg or
this https://www.carfax.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/trunk-or-treat-cemetery.jpg.

Frunkenstein's monster?
Bride of Frunkenstein?
A 70's-theme funk band: Parliament Frunkadelic?

Had fun getting my annual smog/inspection today. After taking my vehicle and key fob, they told me it would be a 60-90 minute wait and only $7 since it is an EV. There were a lot of cars at the location so I pulled out my iPad to occupy me while I waited. Less than 10 minutes later they called me -- all done. The tech was smiling broadly when he gave me my key and paperwork.

I'm guessing that all of the techs were fighting over the chance at the Tesla. :D

Reactions: hiroshiy and Pollux