Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Motors Forum Problem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I realize this isn't the Tesla Motors forum. (It's usually better :smile:). But I have question/problem.

I've tried to register on the Tesla Motors website. To enable the registration, they are supposed to send a confirmation email.

I've requested a confirmation email multiple time (and gotten a screen response saying the confirmation email will be sent), but I've never gotten a confirmation email.

I've checked my email address --it's right.

I've used Firefox, IE, and Opera --no dice.

Any suggestions?

Thanks. I've been enjoying the TMC forum in lurk mode for quite some time now.

You are not the only one to have registration problems with the TM site. Send an email and eventually someone will fix you up. Unfortunately, there is no webmaster address to send to for forum specific problems.

Posts disappear in TeslaMotors.com Forums

I realize that Tesla Motors can do as it pleases at its own website, but does it bother anyone that selective posts go missing at that site frequently? I notice that anything even mildly negative about the car (even if it is a fact) disappears. It does not reassure me as a stockholder or an owner that they can't take even mild criticism of a feature or the report of a bug. I would think the person deleting the posts would do better by responding to them with a message saying "Tesla Motors is looking into the issue" because a) they probably are, b) they probably should, and c) it shows service unlike any other car company. The deletion of every bug post suggests that there are many minor and perhaps some major problems with the car that Tesla doesn't want even owners to know about. Don't like that being projected to owners, stockholders, talkingheads, or seeking alpha pundits. I'd rather see a disruptive approach to service rather than the standard "we can't find anything wrong, that'll be $399.99" approach.

I've never experienced it directly, but I have heard tales of posts going missing. I agree it doesn't look good, but I've always personally be VERY against censorship in general. Like Apple, Tesla seems to take a controlling approach to all of their products including the information surrounding them. That's a double-edged sword IMO, and censoring posts is a quick way to cut themselves.

I post this now because I posted a mostly cheerleader reply yesterday at Teslamotors.com in a post about door handle woes. 2 pages of posts are gone today about the issue. I dug around with volkerize.com and found several other controversial postings gone from the past. Some of that may be due to a crash that occurred a while back, but they have posts from 2010 on the forum still . . .

Eh I mixed feelings on this. If I ran a company I kinda would not want any negative threads on my company's forums. Obviously not when there is no basis for them and they were just plain old haters or people trying to negatively effect stock price through fear. But when they are legitimate issues I'm not too sure, I think I would want to be more open about it. They are at a sensitive stage though right now with regards to how the public views EV companies. If there are legitimate bugs its kinda understandable they they'll take them down if they know its really a non-issue (meaning they already have a fix or a fix is in the works, so no need to generate unnecessary backlash).

I think what I'm trying to say is that there are so many haters right now (just look at the > 40% short interest on the stock), that any little itty-bitty negative thing that a person can get a hold of they will take it and swamp the media with it to try and drive down the price of the stock. If the door handles thing was only a very small issue affecting a small batch of cars, it may be better just for them to fix it discretely if possible. It may not be considered best practice in the eyes of the public but ehh ok I'm ok with it just as long as they don't blatantly lie about it.

Are you guys sure they're not just moderating the forums like here - moving posts to other threads? Because there is no lack of complaints on the Tesla Motors forums. If I had been an evil marketer wishing to remove content, I'd start with "Problems with Car", "Floor Mats stink", "Door opens by itself", "NYC buyer be warned" etc etc ...

Are you guys sure they're not just moderating the forums like here - moving posts to other threads? Because there is no lack of complaints on the Tesla Motors forums. If I had been an evil marketer wishing to remove content, I'd start with "Problems with Car", "Floor Mats stink", "Door opens by itself", "NYC buyer be warned" etc etc ...

Agree, David. It's more likely a buggy site (which we all know). Plenty of negative posts on there. Why remove the door handles all at once and nothing else? I've seen threads go away there before, only to reappear several days later. I've been annoyed at times when they've reset what you've visited, so everything looks like a new post. Plenty of problems to attribute this to a general 'not working right' cause. Did anyone check if positive posts went missing? :)

Elon loves negative feedback and has said many times that you should seek it out. I think even if they are removing these posts, they are certainly noting the complaint and dealing with it. That said, I agree with others above that there probably isn't malicious intent here. Their website is extremely buggy and their moderators are not nearly as good as ours.

I post this now because I posted a mostly cheerleader reply yesterday at Teslamotors.com in a post about door handle woes. 2 pages of posts are gone today about the issue. I dug around with volkerize.com and found several other controversial postings gone from the past. Some of that may be due to a crash that occurred a while back, but they have posts from 2010 on the forum still . . .

Are you referring to this thread?

My walk-away door lock failed today! | Forums | Tesla Motors

If so, it's just dropped back to page 4.

I realize that Tesla Motors can do as it pleases at its own website, but does it bother anyone that selective posts go missing at that site frequently?

I don't think they actually go missing. From what I can tell, they go from public to private threads. Only owners and reservation holders can see private threads. Also the site it down for rebuilding fairly often, and it takes a while to get them back. The final thing is that even if you are a reservation holder or owner, sometimes your account is messed up and you can't see the private threads.

This is one that is explained more easily by a poor website rather than by malfeasance.