TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla Motors Web site down for maintenance... [BIG GRIN]

Discussion in 'Model X' started by ezdiver, Aug 26, 2015.

1. ezdiver

ezdiver Member

This could well mean they are putting the Model X pages and design studio online

FINALLY !!! !!! !!! !!! !!! !!! !!!

HOO - RAY !!! !!! !!! !!! !!! !!!

FIREWORKS!!! !! !!! !! !!! !!! !!!

2. FlasherZ

FlasherZ Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv

...or they're just upgrading PHP. :)

3. Superloud

Superloud Member

I was on the site when it went down at about 10:27pm PST

4. commasign

commasign Active Member

Site goes down for an hour or so every week for maintenance. One can hope it's related to Model X, but doesn't have to be.

5. FlasherZ

It's back, and there isn't any Model X change.

6. ezdiver

ezdiver Member

Bummer. Can't log in yet though. Not yet fully back there.

7. Paul Carter

Paul Carter Active Member

Some funk on the login page for sure. Rendering seems to hick up. Can't log in either

8. FlasherZ

I can log in... no "configure" button. Y'all lose, just standard maintenance.

9. Paul Carter

Paul Carter Active Member

Yea no love. :) can log in now.

10. vlad.trotsenko

Just checked internal links inside of Tesla's web site, there is still no hidden Model X configuration available. So I think it was planned downtime, no Model X configuration coming...

11. Troy

Troy Member

I immediately checked if they fixed the "Max Range" button that I reported to Tesla but no luck. I guess my message never reached the web design team. To see the problem,

1. Open Design Studio
    2. Click on "Max Range" button. Price shows $88,000
    3. Click on 70D and then back to "Max Range". Price still shows $88,000. So far so good.
    4. Now click on "Max Performance" and then back to "Max Range". Now price shows $95,500.
    5. Click 70D and then back to "Max Range". Price still shows $95,500.

Some of the options that were selected when clicking "Max Performance", don't get deselected after you click something else. It is a small error but it doesn't give a good impression to visitors.

12. Gwgan

Gwgan Almost a wagon

#12 Gwgan, Aug 27, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
    What you are asking for is a "Base Model" button and the Max Range button is not that. Max Performance does select things that have marginal impact on performance (21" wheels, autopilot convenience, and air suspension) but once selected it is as if you had manually selected them and then changing the battery size does not change your Options selections. Max Range does change the tire size back to 19" but does not deselect the fancy cyclone wheel option which is a relatively hidden choice and is not so obvious.

13. andrewket

andrewket 2014 S P85DL, 2016 X P90DL (soon 100)

It still very well could have been maintenance to prepare/stage for X config. They just haven't enabled it yet.

14. vlad.trotsenko

I am tracking configuration changes if it would be enabled it least for one person, then I (hope) would see it.

15. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

After years of waiting, that would be the final launch? Flicking the switch on the website in the middle of the night? No announcement or hoohah.....Well that would be different I guess.

16. timf

timf Member

Maybe Elon will hold another teleconference like he did for Ludicrous mode and the referral program. Those came with little to no warning. They could release base pricing, specs, and a few press photos, with the promise of an up-close reveal on the day of first deliveries.

17. CmdrThor

CmdrThor Member

Wow, you guys looking for X configuration changes clearly don't know how to look hard enough ...

18. andrewket

andrewket 2014 S P85DL, 2016 X P90DL (soon 100)

No, I don't think so. Whatever method tesla chooses for the launch, you'll want the website ready to go the very next second. At the D launch the website wasn't online for 45-60 minutes and a line formed in front of the macs they brought for ordering. Lots of people watching via steaming also tried to order and gave up until the next morning because of the website issues. I assume Tesla doesn't want a repeat.

The solution is to pre-stage everything and then change one config file to enable the new content. Plus I assume Tesla will be sending out invites to config in reservation order just like the S. So right now one test account could have been given access and it's going through final Q&A.

Or we're all making crap up, and it was just normal maintenance, and the folks at Tesla are once again laughing at us for reading way too much into every little thing :)

19. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

Hah, yep that sounds about right. :)

20. Gwgan

Gwgan Almost a wagon

So are you all prancing on the refresh button or is the mytesla server slow for some other reason?