Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Nazi: "No More Autopilot for You!" [Seinfeld episode reference, for those offended: HUMOR]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Put your phone on the wheel. It defeats the system. I balance mine on the wheel and right stalk or just the wheel. Some days the system seems to nag me more than others so thats why I do it.
I am glad to see you are on the opposite side of the country from me. I would not to be sharing the road with someone who didn't pay attention to the road.

AP is an ASSISTANT, not chauffeur.

Put your phone on the wheel. It defeats the system. I balance mine on the wheel and right stalk or just the wheel. Some days the system seems to nag me more than others so thats why I do it.
Alternately: a well designed phone holder works as well. I understand that the nags are annoying and at times totally arbitrary and no matter what anyone says you will do what you will do. Please be safe.

Well, that's the thing. I had one hand, and often two, on the wheel at all times. It was rainy, and I was paying attention. I have had to take control enough times that I do not trust AP completely. A few miles earlier, I'd watched someone merge in front of me and Nick didn't slow down much.

As I said in the OP, I don't think I missed any alerts, but who knows? There were a few times when it was flashing blue, but I purposely waited for the auditory alarm before moving the wheel. Maybe that's it.

Whenever I come across posts that suggest putting an object on the steering wheel I mutter and rock. I’m not opposed to circumventing the nanny, but....

What if you’re in a collision and that object is dislodged and ends up between your face and the deploying air bag?

There was a fella who espoused hanging a bag of bird shot, and I don’t think he’s ever going to forgive me for the merciless ribbing I gave him. But i can’t think of a better thing to insert into my imagery of such an event. Coins are another good one. Even an orange coming at you at 100 mph is gonna hurt.

Today I got the message "No more autopilot for the rest of this trip!"

It said that I ignored too many move-the-wheel messages, which I did not think happened. I took an exit, put it in park momentarily, and I was forgiven.

I guess I'm in the doghouse.
Remember all those times that it showed the black "Put your hands on the wheel" banner, flashed the blue screen and then started screaming at you? Or went above the max speed? The car decided that you weren't trustworthy.

I took some folks from the local car club for a ride. Tried to demo Auto Pilot. Tessie refused to cooperate. Stopped. Put it in Park. Got out. Got back in. Took off. Same warning: Auto Pilot disabled. I turned to my passengers, threw up my hands and said, "I don't know what I did but apparently I pissed Tessie off." They laughed. She can be stubborn.