TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla needs some New Zealand service expansion

Discussion in 'New Zealand' started by Matt_NZ, Dec 23, 2019.

1. Matt_NZ

Matt_NZ Member

Currently the earliest service appointment one can get in Auckland is end of February. I think it's time to expand the service department here in Auckland...

2. CAM3RON

CAM3RON Member

Yep, the wait time for getting a service is an issue.

What do you need to service?

3. Kiwiadventure

Kiwiadventure Member

I hope to never see Tesla service and hopefully not as many times as I had to take both my BMW vehicles to BMW service. 70 days of ownership of my M3 and its been perfect.

4. Matt_NZ

Matt_NZ Member

Just a few trim issues noticed after delivery, so nothing urgent. The drivers side door pillar trim has a broken clip and so it hangs loose at the bottom. There also seems to be a clip issue with the trim along the drivers side windscreen pillar as it's bulging out beyond the black border on the glass that isn't present on the passenger side.

I just hope that those with more serious issues, such as any drive train issues aren't having to wait months to have those looked at!

• Like x 1
  5. Ecoli

Ecoli Member

yes it is a long wait , hopefully they prioritize any serious issues

6. jeffnz

jeffnz Member

I had same thing but on other side. Mobile tech came out and fixed it in 5 mins. Needed a clip replaced. He didn’t have one handy so took it off his car :)

7. khayyam

khayyam Member

Ugh. Our LTE connection is acting up again (fixed by service 2 months ago). Earliest appointment in the app is March 6...

Will call service when they're open. Before it was a software fix, maybe (fingers crossed) it can be done remotely.

8. Ecoli

Ecoli Member

Auckland right?
    I just assumed if you were in Auckland you’d have to take the car in to service
    Good to know there is mobile support for Auckland

9. Ecoli

Ecoli Member

Sorry to hear that
    Considering it’s the second time hopefully they attend to you soon!

10. RobDickinson

RobDickinson Member

chc service seems really responsive..

11. jeffnz

jeffnz Member

Yeah. He told me they prefer to use mobile whenever possible so they don’t tie up space at the SC for minor items

12. Kiwiadventure

Kiwiadventure Member

Talk about ludicrous mode this is ludicrous mode over servicing. I mean 8 weeks to be able to fix your issue. Is Tesla Auckland saying they have major issues with their vehicles and cannot look after clients with minor issues better. How come LTE is only a minor issue.

13. khayyam

khayyam Member

I haven't talked to a real person about it yet, March 6 was the earliest appointment that I could get from the tesla app. Will call tomorrow when they're open. Hopefully it doesn't turn out that way.

14. Matt_NZ

Matt_NZ Member

That's good to know as the stuff I need fixed doesn't appear like it would need to be in the SC. If they could come to me that would be ideal!

15. jeffnz

jeffnz Member

I didn’t mean to imply the specific problem was minor, rather if the fix is easy to do mobile and doesn’t require being at the SC that’s what they told me they prefer to do