Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Norway Event (Oslo March 6th)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,

I will participate at the Tesla event with Elon Musk in Oslo, Norway 6. mars and will provide a stream from the event.

You will find the stream here:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/teslaevent

We hope Elon will tell us about Supercharger rollout plans for Europe and final specifications for the TMS EU version.

Nuvolari for president! I'll be glued to the screen. I hope the commercials are not at the crucial points.

Elon just said there WILL be towing capacity for the Model X and AWD/4WD wont happen anytime soon for the Model S.

- - - Updated - - -

The new sleep mode vampire load will be .2%. Two tenths of 1 percent.

- - - Updated - - -

Battery temp control will be adjustable.

Got into the video late:

Battery packs are intelligent, which means that the Model S can handle larger packs in the future.

Supercharger is currently 96KW, hoping for 120KW later.

GB stated that basically they will be making the same profit on the car in other countries that they make in the US. Only marking up the cost of shipping, duties, etc.

On question of snow on the top of the Model X, brush it off, but "they haven't tested it yet".

Nothing in the pipeline for the short to near term for Roadster owners. But in the future, want to circle back and do something for them.

No plans for headlight washers.

Is Elon planning on stepping down from Tesla, he said no. He plans on staying with Tesla and not stepping down to focus on SpaceX.

Last edited:
Musk said it was conceivable the pack could be swapped out for a higher density pack in say 5 years. He was not hinting that it was likely to happen.

That's great news! What I've been hoping for.

I wonder how many Battery Replacement Options they will sell now...

In my opinion it is always more lucrative for Tesla to have people upgrade than swap for a replacement battery of the same size.

- - - Updated - - -

Ehh, I misread. He was not hinting that it was likely to happen, what does that mean? Likely it won't happen? Why mention it in the first place?

Last edited:
I think the question was primarily about the possibility of easily upgrading the Model S if/when a longer range pack were developed and the answer was basically yes.

Basically yes, but George looked pretty nervous about Elon talking about it. Officially Tesla has said that you shouldn't expect to be able to upgrade your battery in the future.