Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Offer Trunk/Frunk Group Buy (3/S/X)

please vote below(you can select 2 options)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Evfixme in Anaheim, CA can do the install for you. They're a vendor here on TMC.
There's also a person out of Ontario, CA , TonyTesla/SmartTesla that does instll too.

I have not affiliation with either btw. :)

Frunk is pretty easy.
Trunk isn't too bad either. Just watch the Electrified Garage video and all the other videos and it's doable.
I'm far from handy and I was able to do it minus a tiny problem with the pin in the trunk connectors. Took 3-4 hours spready out over 2 nights.

Evfixme in Anaheim, CA can do the install for you. They're a vendor here on TMC.
There's also a person out of Ontario, CA , TonyTesla/SmartTesla that does instll too.

Frunk is pretty easy.
Trunk isn't too bad either. Just watch the Electrified Garage video and all the other videos and it's doable.
I'm far from handy and I was able to do it minus a tiny problem with the pin in the trunk connectors. Took 3-4 hours spready out over 2 nights.
Do you have a link for the Electrified Garage one? I only see the Hansshow installation on their page.

Does anybody recommend a good video of the trunk with foot sensor for a 2018 Model 3? I don't really know the differences between 2018 and other years in terms of installation, but heard there's some "door" that's not on mine.

UPDATE:

we have 26 kits bought. they will start shipping soon
thanks to all who ordered so far and made this group buy possible!

for anyone still interested, you have until the end of the month to place an order, 9/30/2020

please make sure to read the entire page link in regards to shipping cost and stating model year in notes to ensure a smooth transaction.
Model S/X/3 Electric Frunk / Tailgate Group Buy – TMC – Tesla Offer

Reactions: bbk3e
the TLDR to their answer is, you get 3 max settings for homelink, it will take up one of those on the in screen. it should not affect the app homelink button.

my personal opinion, it seems the on screen button seems more natural and the way to go. any reason you rather have the homelink?

Ok thanks. I didn’t want to mess “Injecting” a signal into the vehicle as stated on their website. That kinda thing can really void your warranty.

Frunk is pretty easy.
Unfortunately, I'm not in California and am in Texas. Ordered my trunk and frunk kits. Definitely gonna try to DIY the frunk install but will see if I wanna tackle the trunk one.

My vehicle is on order so I’m sorta not familiar with how this works sorry if this question has been asked. If I do the frunk button I have to inject signal. If I do homelink which I plan on buying after I get the car how will it work. So with homelink if I press the front trunk button on the screen what will happen? Is there a seperate area to press for the home link. Ty and sorry for the questions.

Is there a switched power source to wire the funk too? It seems like going direct to the battery would mean it's always on. There will be some drain and wear on the 12v battery.

I've seen a previous post where tesla denied the 12v battery replacement because of an automatic hood kit. They charge for the assessment and recommending removal of the power hood and replacement of the battery at owners expense.

Reactions: srk67
I am about to pull the trigger on both Frunk and Trunk kit, but had a question about the Frunk with homelink. My P3D has the homelink already, does that still mean i need to purchase the homelink from them as well as the description states?

Also, I am assuming this is the latest version? Mark 3 Frunk and 2.5 Trunk?

Thanks for setting this up!

P.S. don’t know how you set this up but any interest in the self-presenting doors/soft close for Model 3?

Interested in frunk for model s... any thoughts on warranty issues if I still have pre-owned bumper to bumper?

Someone else posted this bill on a different thread.

I wouldn't be surprised if tesla tried to deny anything that went wrong with your 12v system after installing. Not that they are right but they prob will try. People can't even get tesla to fix problems on non-moded cars.

These add ons are not turning off if you wire it to the battery or a constant power source. The amps are prob low but it is a constant drain.

Same problem with dash cameras. People have been wiring blackvue cameras and getting denied 12v battery replacements.

Screenshot_20200831-211857_Photos.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.