Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Offering 15000 Free Supercharger miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got an email earlier on today from Tesla saying this -

''We’re offering 15,000 miles of free Supercharging with the purchase of your new Tesla.* This offer is only valid while stocks last.

Explore our immediately available vehicles, ready for delivery including. Order and take delivery before 30 June 2024 to benefit''

It's almost making me pull the trigger on an inventory M3P. Does anyone happen to know the expiry date of the free miles though, as it is not mentioned on the email or on their website?

Cheers.

''We’re offering 15,000 miles of free Supercharging with the purchase of your new Tesla.* This offer is only valid while stocks last.

Explore our immediately available vehicles, ready for delivery including. Order and take delivery before 30 June 2024 to benefit''

It's almost making me pull the trigger on an inventory M3P. Does anyone happen to know the expiry date of the free miles though, as it is not mentioned on the email or on their website?

Cheers.
I’ve only read by someone else on here saying end of December as they got them when collected over the weekend.

Reactions: Temper Tantrum

Cheers.
Reasonably sure they expire end 2024...so not many will be able to take full advantage of what is, superficially, an attractive offer.

I received 15,000 credits for purchasing a second Model 3. Didn't even know it was on offer until I looked in my App.
Currently used them for a years premium connectivity and 3,000 miles free supercharging which used half of them.
No complaints here.

Free SuC mile incentives have always had an expiry date on them apart from the early days when cars had free supercharging for life.

Just because you can't use them all up doesn't mean it isn't a good deal. I had some free miles and couldn't use them all up but it gave me the opportunity to stop at a SuC on route for free instead of charging at home before I set out. When I was on a higher home tariff than now, it was well worth it.

If the offer was worded "Free Supercharging for 6 months" I bet there wouldn't be any complaints, but because people are assigning a value to the free miles they won't be able to use, they think they're losing out.

It's like going to the "all you can eat lobster" restaurant and complaining about not being able to take home all the lobsters you can't manage to shove down your gob. I've only managed 3 small ones, before you ask. 🤪

Out of interest, how does Tesla calculate 15,000 miles of supercharging? surley it would be easier to give you "5,000kwh?" as its all subjective on how efficient the car is? do they calculate it on the rated range of the car or the actual real world range?

The M3P has a WLTP of 328 miles, which realistically is circa 290-300 miles.

I read somewhere that they assume you hit 2.5 miles per kWh which is generous as you most of the time will be getting higher than that.

Mine say they expire in 6 months so it’s nice but will never be able to use all of that in that time. They should give longer for such a large amount of have just said unlimited free supercharging for 6 months and put a fair usage cap of 15,000 miles on it. Would have been a better way of explaining it as this way you do feel like you’ll be losing out when you lose them.

Six months seems very tight, almost to the point of being a bit sneaky. As indicated above, it would be more accurate to say "all you can charge for six months". Putting a specific quantity on it at least gives the impression that that quantity should be usable. An annualised measure of 30,000 supercharger miles a year must be for a tiny edge case of users.

Not particularly generous then. So around £1k saving if you'd normally supercharge or £250 if you'd normally home charge (based on 7k miles in 6 months)

Would be nice if they reduced the car the price of a new M3P by £8k to align us with the Euro market!

Six months seems very tight, almost to the point of being a bit sneaky.
Of course its sneaky - and Tesla have form for this.
They could say 50K free miles - and it creates a sort of value in purchasers minds - but it isn't real is it?

If they wanted to be fair they could of course not put a time limit on it - and that would be fair. 15000 miles after all isn't a lot to Tesla in monetary terms, they will be buying Kwhrs for around 12p - so at 4 miles per Kwhr = £450 (or £720 if indeed its 2.5 miles per Kwhr) Nice to have but most wont be able to use them up
If Tesla are happy to encourage sales with free supercharging miles then why not allow them without a time limit - because they will have factored in the potential costs to them and covered that with the purchase price, however, they will have also calculated what the probable financial costs are to them based on the average user and that's going to be a lot less.

So what's going to happen? - people will supercharge for everything just to try and use up those miles - and that's not particularly healthy for the battery, of course it most likely wont cause degradation of 30% - enough to make a warranty claim but it will increase the heat cycles.

When Tesla eventually satisfy their sales targets, the offer will go and overnight a reduction in the retail price will be announced.

perhaps I'm sceptical - but Elon and Tesla have shafted so many customers so many times, I take everything with a pinch of salt