Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla officially offers custom wraps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Mulkogi

#teamblue
May 11, 2021
WA
Only for 2023+ model Y/3
Model 3/Y Color Wrap

Only through the Tesla app i think
No idea how to get there tho
Just found a link
Screenshots from my phone

Attachments

• IMG_2111.jpeg
    IMG_2111.jpeg
    104.8 KB · Views: 415
  • IMG_2112.jpeg
    IMG_2112.jpeg
    105.3 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_2113.jpeg
    IMG_2113.jpeg
    109.9 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_2114.jpeg
    IMG_2114.jpeg
    131.6 KB · Views: 154
What I'd like to know is if this means I can finally wash my Tesla... I am told not to wash my Tesla because the paint could come off. LOL
Manual says to be careful (touchless wash if going to a place), for what it's worth. I am not discounting how tesla might have been, or maybe still is for some, but we have a 2023 rwd with 11k of highway miles on it now and the paint is in superb condition. Midnight Silver. I just looked at it closely and I cannot find any chips or crap on it. Some very light scratching Vindicates my sense that a lot of people are being a bit anal retentive getting these wrapped tbh, if doing purely for paint protection. I strongly feel the several thousand spent in my case to PPF this would have been money flushed down the toilet.

Reactions: Dennisis
Manual says to be careful (touchless wash if going to a place), for what it's worth. I am not discounting how tesla might have been, or maybe still is for some, but we have a 2023 rwd with 11k of highway miles on it now and the paint is in superb condition. Midnight Silver. I just looked at it closely and I cannot find any chips or crap on it. Some very light scratching Vindicates my sense that a lot of people are being a bit anal retentive getting these wrapped tbh, if doing purely for paint protection. I strongly feel the several thousand spent in my case to PPF this would have been money flushed down the toilet.
I have a May '23 build with 7K miles (red) and have a chip on the hood and the passenger's side rear quarter panel. So; who knows I guess it's the luck of the draw and how sheety the roads in your area are.

I have a May '23 build with 7K miles (red) and have a chip on the hood and the passenger's side rear quarter panel. So; who knows I guess it's the luck of the draw and how sheety the roads in your area are.

I have one chip on my front bumper from driving on the Grapevine. It is really strange, as I am driving on the left lane and the trucks are 2 lanes on the right, I still hear some rock(?) hitting the windshield (or maybe roof?). Is that what happens during a drought, it would rain rocks instead? Very strange.

What I'd like to know is if this means I can finally wash my Tesla... I am told not to wash my Tesla because the paint could come off. LOL
You joke, but I stopped washing mine because I was never sure which car wash was "OK" and I'm too lazy to hand wash it. And I don't care all that much. It's been 4, maybe 5 years now since it's been really washed. It looks like a garage find or something pulled from a river.

• Funny
Reactions: zoomer0056
I'm sure you're right which means you'll pay a markup to get it done through Tesla instead of spending a few minutes researching shops in your area
Prably so. It seems as Teslas have been the most PPFed cars out there. This will help spread even more business. I posted this pick a few days ago, before they announced this offering. They've already been doing custom wraps in Chine. This was from a China youtube channel.
Screenshot_20231010_174412_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: laservet
These are not normal vinyl wraps though. It is PPF colored wrap. I didn't know you could have PPF in color. I thought you could only have clear or stealth for PPF. They also have the clear PPF at the bottom for less $5000. But when I click it I got 404 error.

These are not normal vinyl wraps though. It is PPF colored wrap. I didn't know you could have PPF in color. I thought you could only have clear or stealth for PPF. They also have the clear PPF at the bottom for less $5000. But when I click it I got 404 error.
The links are (were) wrong for whatever reason, if you click into the clear one from the email, it shows up correctly

• Informative
Reactions: zoomer0056

Sounds like you are trying to convince yourself you are right. You are vindicated. Others are AR. They just waste their money.

After a 14-hour road trip in my 2022 mylr I had 4 chips on the hood that you could see aluminum through. My 2023 MYP is wrapped.

Give it time.

Sounds like you are trying to convince yourself you are right. You are vindicated. Others are AR. They just waste their money.

After a 14-hour road trip in my 2022 mylr I had 4 chips on the hood that you could see aluminum through. My 2023 MYP is wrapped.

Give it time.
I already convinced myself; no trying about it :) car cost me under $30k new. Spending another $5k to wrap it is not good stewardship of money. I keep my cars for 2-3 years these days, and a few years ago I learned to start being at peace with stuff like this. Every car I own, from whatever brand, always ends up with little chips, random dents, God knows what.

I do think the biggest protection against paint damage is by parking away from cars in parking lots.