TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla on a go-kart track

Discussion in 'Model 3: Driving Dynamics' started by MoreAgain, Dec 20, 2020.

1. MoreAgain

MoreAgain Member

Ton of fun playing with the Mountain Pass Performance partybox in my RWD 3 at Adams Motorsports Park go-kart track at Friday Night Time Attack event. Ended up 4th fastest of 22 with a 46.4 second run.

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  2. Sam1

Sam1 Member

That looks more fun than the usual autox!

3. MoreAgain

MoreAgain Member

And it's cheap at $35 per session. Each session included 3 runs, each run is two full timed laps plus an out lap as shown in the video. It is a bargain compared to fees for a big track, and comparable with autocross costs. I find this more enjoyable than autocross for several reasons: 1) The dedicated track surface is well maintained, many of the parking lots used by autocross have cracks, debris and drainage ditches. 2) This track doesn't move just because the driver before you hit a cone. And best of all, 3) you don't have to shag cones for other drivers in between your sessions!

• Like x 1
  4. dsgerbc

dsgerbc Member

It's looks fun, but I'd be concerned about hitting 80+ mph on a straight/run-off designed for karts.

5. Uncle Paul

Uncle Paul Well-Known Member

I used to race 100cc Yamaha Karts there years ago. Moved to shifter cars for a bit and they were thrilling. Looks like they took out some of the tight hairpin corners for AutoX runs. Adams family are great people and they run a good show.

• Like x 1