Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Online Shop Order Fulfillments

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello , this is my first entry in this forum and my very first EV! Took delivery of Model 3 couple weeks back. I wasn't aware it didn't come with Nema 14-50 anymore so ordered one ahead of time. I have been waiting 2 weeks and havent gotten it yet, although I received a tracking number for FexEx that keeps saying pending, been like this for 8 days now.

Anyone experience issues ordering these adapters? Do they take that long? I have emailed the store but received no replies. I have to rely on slow 120 to charge the car. I am surprised by this level of service. Perhaps there is bottleneck in the operation?

Thanks for providing feedback and have a great day!

Hello and welcome! I ordered a 10-30 a few weeks ago, when I ordered my M3D, and it arrived in five days. The M3 took 8 days from factory order. I just ordered a 14-50 adaptor three days ago and I have yet to receive shipping information. I suspect they have a run on the 14-50’s and are awaiting more inventory.

I was looking for Tesla Shop orders and came across this thread. I love my M3, and it's great. But let me tell you, the black eye on the Tesla experience is clearly the Tesla Shop, especially when something goes wrong.

1. You have absolutely no way to follow up on orders.
2. You have no way to track orders until you have a tracking number via Fedex.
3. There's no guarantee that this Fedex tracking number actually works, or is yours.
4. The only avenue of support is [email protected]
5. If you email, you're lucky to get a response. Ever.

I feel I got lucky to get my 14-50 after 2 weeks or so, but let me tell you -- I ordered the rear trunk mat and got the tracking number a few days later with a "congrats, your order has shipped!" Well, not so much. Fedex has had this tracking number "pending" for the last month. Not an exaggeration.

4 emails later, and one week ago, I disputed the charge on the credit card. I feel I've given them enough leeway and made more than enough good-faith efforts to resolve the issue.

And lo and behold I get an email response from my first query to onlineorders, saying the order is being reviewed. Of course, it didn't change the status of the Fedex order. I'm so frustrated I want to yell at them in reply to the email, but it already took 3 weeks for them to respond to this... so I'm keeping the dispute active.

I ordered 5 things through the Tesla store and feel lucky that I got 4 of them. At least it's not constant. I'd be concerned if you get a "shipped" notice with a tracking number that does nothing. It's probably a bad sign.

@PaulAtreides I don't want to rain on your new-car-awesomeness parade but I'm sorry to say that this happens. Fortunately there are alternatives for a few things, but not those adapters. You might maybe be able to get an adapter from a SC if you go in and ask super nicely and explain this order... or minimally they might be able to assist. I've not tried that avenue.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
I was looking for Tesla Shop orders and came across this thread. I love my M3, and it's great. But let me tell you, the black eye on the Tesla experience is clearly the Tesla Shop, especially when something goes wrong.

1. You have absolutely no way to follow up on orders.
2. You have no way to track orders until you have a tracking number via Fedex.
3. There's no guarantee that this Fedex tracking number actually works, or is yours.
4. The only avenue of support is [email protected]
5. If you email, you're lucky to get a response. Ever.

I feel I got lucky to get my 14-50 after 2 weeks or so, but let me tell you -- I ordered the rear trunk mat and got the tracking number a few days later with a "congrats, your order has shipped!" Well, not so much. Fedex has had this tracking number "pending" for the last month. Not an exaggeration.

4 emails later, and one week ago, I disputed the charge on the credit card. I feel I've given them enough leeway and made more than enough good-faith efforts to resolve the issue.

And lo and behold I get an email response from my first query to onlineorders, saying the order is being reviewed. Of course, it didn't change the status of the Fedex order. I'm so frustrated I want to yell at them in reply to the email, but it already took 3 weeks for them to respond to this... so I'm keeping the dispute active.

I ordered 5 things through the Tesla store and feel lucky that I got 4 of them. At least it's not constant. I'd be concerned if you get a "shipped" notice with a tracking number that does nothing. It's probably a bad sign.

@PaulAtreides I don't want to rain on your new-car-awesomeness parade but I'm sorry to say that this happens. Fortunately there are alternatives for a few things, but not those adapters. You might maybe be able to get an adapter from a SC if you go in and ask super nicely and explain this order... or minimally they might be able to assist. I've not tried that avenue.

Thanks for the feedback, I still dont have my adapter and no replies from the email, its been over 3 weeks. As a first time Tesla customer this is very disappointing. I will dispute the charge on my CC. Worst customer service I have dealt with when ordering an item online. If they only had kept the adapter included with the car it all would have been easy. Never ordering another item from the shop again. Will now have to resort to ebay and pay 3 to 4 times the items price so I can charge the car more reasonably!

• Informative
I completely agree with @Kognos and can attest to a similar experience. Early on, after I got my M3 late last year I ordered several items and they were processed and delivered as expected. Then this year I ordered a paint repair kit at the end of May. I immediately got confirmation and immediately after that I got a shipping notice without a tracking number. Nothing came and after two weeks I tried to get a person on the phone. Guess what? Impossible. Everything lead to an email address, which I sent, complaining. Since then nothing. I disputed the charge with my credit card company. But they even said it would be a month before anything happened. I’m still waiting.

Since I have highlighted this issue on other threads, I have been picking up pieces of information, perhaps rumors that could put some of this in perspective. I’ll add them here with all the biases they imply. Some say there is no such thing as the Tesla Store, other than a couple of Tesla staff who manage a connection to the back-office of another company (rumored to be Amazon). Some say the Tesla Store is a front for the OEM of the part, possibly explaining why some orders are fulfilled as expected. For example the mats for the M3 are made by WeatherTech. Mine came as expected. The the paint repair kit is rumored to be made by Dr. ColorChip. It is likely that each part is not in inventory, but rather spread across the base of manufactures locations and some in different countries. Nevertheless, this happens in the global supply chain all the time. In most cases there is exacting transparency so the customer doesn’t feel left holding the bag. Tesla has a great product, but has had a challenge keeping all of its demanding fan base happy. I get that. But how many people would it take to add to the so-called Tesla Store to provide transparency, if not the product itself???

• Informative
I completely agree with @Kognos and can attest to a similar experience. Early on, after I got my M3 late last year I ordered several items and they were processed and delivered as expected. Then this year I ordered a paint repair kit at the end of May. I immediately got confirmation and immediately after that I got a shipping notice without a tracking number. Nothing came and after two weeks I tried to get a person on the phone. Guess what? Impossible. Everything lead to an email address, which I sent, complaining. Since then nothing. I disputed the charge with my credit card company. But they even said it would be a month before anything happened. I’m still waiting.

Since I have highlighted this issue on other threads, I have been picking up pieces of information, perhaps rumors that could put some of this in perspective. I’ll add them here with all the biases they imply. Some say there is no such thing as the Tesla Store, other than a couple of Tesla staff who manage a connection to the back-office of another company (rumored to be Amazon). Some say the Tesla Store is a front for the OEM of the part, possibly explaining why some orders are fulfilled as expected. For example the mats for the M3 are made by WeatherTech. Mine came as expected. The the paint repair kit is rumored to be made by Dr. ColorChip. It is likely that each part is not in inventory, but rather spread across the base of manufactures locations and some in different countries. Nevertheless, this happens in the global supply chain all the time. In most cases there is exacting transparency so the customer doesn’t feel left holding the bag. Tesla has a great product, but has had a challenge keeping all of its demanding fan base happy. I get that. But how many people would it take to add to the so-called Tesla Store to provide transparency, if not the product itself???

Thanks for providing some insight. I had to dispute the charge and get my money back. Will have to end up buying the adapter from ebay for almost $100 just so I can get it! Wont be ordering any items from the online shop.

• Informative
I ordered a NEMA 14-50 adapter weeks before my delivery and never got it. Same experience with getting a FedEx notice and then crickets. Email multiple times and no response. I was lucky to get offered a demo model with 400 miles in amazing shape and it came with the adapter. So my next email explained this and that I wanted to cancel and within minutes I get a response that they would cancel the order. So weird or lucky timing. I will make sure my CC is credited and then never buy anything ever again from this store.

• Informative
I ordered a NEMA 6-50 adapter on Nov 24th and no sign of it yet ;-( I’ve tried emailing but no reply. haven’t even got the FedEx email. Tesla did charge my credit card on the 24th, and technically they shouldn’t charge it until they are ready to ship, so they are breaking card rules. I’m going to dispute it with my credit card company and just order from EVSEadapters.com. Anyone have experience with them?

I ordered a NEMA 6-50 adapter on Nov 24th and no sign of it yet ;-( I’ve tried emailing but no reply. haven’t even got the FedEx email. Tesla did charge my credit card on the 24th, and technically they shouldn’t charge it until they are ready to ship, so they are breaking card rules. I’m going to dispute it with my credit card company and just order from EVSEadapters.com. Anyone have experience with them?

must just be low stock? i ordered a J1772 adapter and a flat tire kit last week and received them in 3 days.

but yeah they should not have charged your card.

must just be low stock? i ordered a J1772 adapter and a flat tire kit last week and received them in 3 days.

but yeah they should not have charged your card.

I was passing my local delivery center in Austin and stopped by just to see if they could have more luck contacting the store... it turns out they had a 6-50 adapter they could sell me! Oh, and they said they have no way of contacting the store other than the email.