Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Online Shop slow to ship orders?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Found this thread and have an order question. It sounds like Tesla does ship items separately as they are available? I ordered a Wall Connector and cable organizer. The cable organizer showed 4 weeks. I'm hoping the Wall Connector will ship separately (and very soon). Based on some posts in this thread, it seems like they will ship separately?

Yes they do. I put an order on Mar 28’th after being invited to config on the 27’th. I ordered the Tesla (Weathertech) trunk and frunk mats as well as the cable organizer in the same order. Got the trunk mat and separately the cable organizer yesterday. No frunk mat yet. They both shipped from Newark, NJ.
They attached the invoice to the ‘shipped’ email. I got 2 separate shipped emails and invoices.

I ordered the $25 Tesla Charger cable bracket and the $500 Tesla Charger for my expected Model 3. The charger showed up but the cable bracket has not. I got a notice on the charger prior to it being delivered which i appreciated, but nothing on the bracket.

I ordered the $25 Tesla Charger cable bracket and the $500 Tesla Charger for my expected Model 3. The charger showed up but the cable bracket has not. I got a notice on the charger prior to it being delivered which i appreciated, but nothing on the bracket.

So far they only send the invoice for the shipped part (not the entire order) with the ‘Your order has shipped’ email.

I ordered the frunk/trunk all weather mats 1.5 weeks ago and have yet to receive a shipment notification. When I e-mailed the online store inquiring if they were currently in stock or on back order, all I got was a generic reply that they would prioritize my shipment.

On the other hand, I ordered a UMC cable organizer on Friday night, less than 2 days ago and just received a shipment confirmation.

There seems to be a theme emerging with the frunk/trunk mats not shipping.

My trunk mat finally shipped. Ordered on 3/29, shipped on 4/10, delivery scheduled for 4/17. However, still awaiting shipment of the frunk mat.

Yes they do. I put an order on Mar 28’th after being invited to config on the 27’th. I ordered the Tesla (Weathertech) trunk and frunk mats as well as the cable organizer in the same order. Got the trunk mat and separately the cable organizer yesterday. No frunk mat yet. They both shipped from Newark, NJ.
They attached the invoice to the ‘shipped’ email. I got 2 separate shipped emails and invoices.

Thanks. I ordered a Wall Connector and Cable Organizer on 4/11. Got the shipment notification for the Cable Organizer on 4/13. I received the shipment notification for the Wall Connector today, 4/17. Both arrive tomorrow on the 18th.

So it's nice to see they are getting things delivered within a week.

Reactions: 03DSG
On 4-6 I orded the 14-30 adapter and aero wheel cap kit. Received email soon after from onlineorders at tesla.com confirming the order.

On 4-11 I received shipment notification email from onlineorders... for the 14-30.

On 4-16 I received the 14-30.

The aero wheel cap kit had an 8 week ETA when I ordered it, so I don't expect to get an update about it until late May/early June.

On 4-6 I orded the 14-30 adapter and aero wheel cap kit. Received email soon after from onlineorders at tesla.com confirming the order.

On 4-11 I received shipment notification email from onlineorders... for the 14-30.

When I didn't get a shipping confirm after a couple days and thought my 3 was going to deliver before my wall connector, I emailed that address above and they responded with a timing update and expedited my order.

If anyone wants to buy an Aero wheel center cap kit from me, I will sell it at the $50 cost and will eat the shipping costs. I bought two sets, and my friend who stood in line with me on 3/31 has now decided that the Aero covers have grown on him, and he no longer wants the center caps and lug nut covers.

The kit is brand new, unopened in the original shipping box from Tesla. Let me know, and we can figure out the details.

I have a couple of orders one submitted 10 days ago and one 5 days ago. Is anyone else noticing they are really slow to ship merchandise? In my case it's a rear trunk mat, lightning cable and 2 sets of wheel covers. Would really loved to have had the covers for my delivery :(
I’ve been having great results with simple, polite, direct emails regarding items that I’d ordered but had not arrived. Within days of my messages, my items arrived at my doorstep.

I have a Performance 3 and ordered the newly released 20” winter wheel and tire set. The order was confirmed on November 14, 2018. The Order Online Shop notes that items such as wheels may take longer to ship. But I emailed the Shop a few weeks later to see when they may ship. After emailing 5 times I finally received an email from the shop on November 30, saying they are shipping the order. But nobody at my Tesla Service center sees it coming. I am frustrated by the poor response service from the Online Shop. No capability to track shipments, which is commonplace nowadays. Still have no word on the wheels and tires as of December 9. The summer tires don’t appreciate the cold weather here in the Midwest. My error was not ordering earlier.

Has anybody had similar difficulties with wheel and tire orders?

Reactions: Tony_YYZ
I was able to get someone from Tesla to look into my order. Turns out all the items I ordered are out of stock even though they were all listed as in stock when I ordered and foe another week or two after.

They have no ETA for when the items will be in stock again and told me to plan for them not arriving before Christmas.