Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Online Shop slow to ship orders?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had waited for 40 days to hear back from anyone regarding my online order. 12 emails, 10 phone calls. Yesterday, I called again asking for help. The guy said he knew someone in commerce.( I guess it’s the online department) He emailed them, and in 5 minutes I had a email saying they were cancelling my order because one of the items was out of stock. At least I have the answer I’ve been waiting for. I will get my 300.00 back.

They need a history page on all your orders too.

I just received a shipment from Tesla at work last week which I haven't picked up yet. The problem is, I don't remember what I ordered. Did I order something 2 months ago?

Hope it was a Christmas gift from Tesla.

• Funny
Reactions: Jaywlker
I finally got then to cancel one of my orders. I asked then to cancel the other order and they said it would be cancelled once I shipped the incorrect item back. You can guess what happened next. They shipped out the item the was supposedly out of stock for the past month. Now I'll probably have to wait another month for an RMA on that.

• Informative
Reactions: Jaywlker
Sorry for your experience. I get it as I'm in the same boat. Ordered a coffee Thermos and hat on OCT 19'th. They were both in stock at the time. Nothing. I have since sent 2 emails asking them to cancel my order and refund my credit card. Nothing. No response and no refund. Over 2 months now.

I have ordered other items in the past. Anything actually CAR related seems to ship quickly, wall charger, lugnut locks, tire kit, sunshade, etc. Anything clothing/lifestyle related is terrible. IMO they should either staff for this or outsource to a reliable supplier.

Hilariously after sending them 2 emails since early November trying to cancel this order and get a refund I get an email yesterday confirming shipment of the hat. Only the hat.

I ordered a 6-50 NEMA adapter for the gen 2 charger and a wall mount cable holder. I received shipping confirmations for both but there is no tracking number to be found. I'm also registered for FedEx Delivery Manager and haven't received any notification of shipment.

Do they send a separate email with the tracking details?

Based on one of my orders a few months ago from Tesla and FedEx, you might not hear from FedEx until the day of delivery. They pick up packages from Tesla but don’t always scan it in until put on the truck on delivery day.

Tesla does send a shipping email/invoice with tracking and a photo of your item from the website. There’s a link there to the shipper. Says 24-48 hours sometimes to see tracking. Did you not get something like this?

I called Tesla when i knew my $150 fob had shipped, a few days went by and had no updates on tracking other than a label had been created. I’m not far from where it shipped from so got concerned after a few days. Tesla was able to look up my order and said it did get picked up when stated. FedEx was of no help saying where it was. Tesla said if lost would replace. Finally the next day it was delivered and that morning I saw FedEx updated their site saying on truck out for delivery. The last item I ordered did show up with tracking info before it was due to be delivered.

Last edited:
Weird, both of mine have no tracking info and I don't see anything in the invoice either:

your order has shipped.
Your shipment will be available to track within 24-48 hours. For order details, please see a copy of your invoice attached.

upload_2019-3-20_22-36-2.png

I don't normally have any issue with FedEx. I prefer them over any other carrier and if you sign up for delivery manager you'll get notifications of incoming shipments matching your address and name (often before the shipper lets you know tracking) and a estimated delivery time. It's free unlike UPS My Choice.

Don't know, just checked and my first notification from UPS My Choice was September 2016. Before that they were sending them as UPS Quantum View.

It's possible they signed me up for free, one of their Houston distribution centers was a few blocks from my prior job and I would always go there to ship packages because it was significantly faster to get in and out than the post office.

Screen Shot 2019-03-21 at 8.24.10 AM.png