Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Online Shop slow to ship orders?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a couple of orders one submitted 10 days ago and one 5 days ago. Is anyone else noticing they are really slow to ship merchandise? In my case it's a rear trunk mat, lightning cable and 2 sets of wheel covers. Would really loved to have had the covers for my delivery :(

I ordered a wall charger and it took a couple weeks. They never sent an email and it just arrived one day. Not like most online retailers, no communication and no clue as to the status of my order when I called. All in all a very disappointing experience.

I really hope orders really aren't that slow. I just ordered a charger cable adapter that's critical for me to charge over the weekends.

For now, I'm hogging superchargers like an ev-hole because I can't charge elsewhere reliably.

I'd like to get my UMC adapter ASAP so I don't have to continue feeling guilty after seeing the line of Model S's & Model X's when I finish charging twice per week during lunch.

Reading this is a bit concerning, since I have recently learned that Service Centers no longer stock much in the way of accessories. I had my UMC fail (4 mos old). SC had none and initially couldnt say when they'd get more in. Fortunately when I bought the car, I bought a spare set of chargers. Somewhere in the conversation with the Service Advisor he mistakenly thought the one that failed was my spare, and informed me that the SC only stocks "warranty replacements," and I'd have to order one online as the spare wasnt under warranty.. Now I see how painful that would have been. As a footnote, he also tried to suggest I could call around to the other Service Centers to see if they had any. I "changed his mind." Usually have good response from my Service Center.

Sooner or later they need to sort this out, or it will bite them..

I ordered the frunk/trunk all weather mats 1.5 weeks ago and have yet to receive a shipment notification. When I e-mailed the online store inquiring if they were currently in stock or on back order, all I got was a generic reply that they would prioritize my shipment.

On the other hand, I ordered a UMC cable organizer on Friday night, less than 2 days ago and just received a shipment confirmation.

There seems to be a theme emerging with the frunk/trunk mats not shipping.

I ordered an iPhone charging cable and the lug/hub cover set separately and both orders took 3+ weeks to ship. I think I got an email about the charge cable but not the other order. It’s like they have someone working part time in the parts department who comes in whenever they feel like filling a few orders or something.

Reactions: Pkmmte
I really hope orders really aren't that slow. I just ordered a charger cable adapter that's critical for me to charge over the weekends.

For now, I'm hogging superchargers like an ev-hole because I can't charge elsewhere reliably.

I'd like to get my UMC adapter ASAP so I don't have to continue feeling guilty after seeing the line of Model S's & Model X's when I finish charging twice per week during lunch.

I wouldn't feel guilty. Some of those S' and X's are likely just abusing the chargers.

On the topic of this thread though, I ordered the Aero wheel cap kit on March 30th and I haven't seen any movement on it.

The store recently updated the aero wheel cap kit to say it's an 8-week wait. There is some confusion on whether that applies going forward or to everyone who ordered the last round. I ordered one 3/30 and nothing so far. I also ordered one from the service center on my delivery day (3/17) and I haven't gotten that one yet either.

I ordered the lug/hub cover last week and nothing. I sent an email inquiry and received a computer response that was garbage. I sent a cancellation email and no response. There ordering system is a black hole in which stuff goes in but nothing comes out. Too bad Carl Sagan isn't around he could study this black hole in our own solar system. Tesla should either get out of the on line order business or turn it over to someone that knows how to do it. CS on products sold from their site, while very nice once you finally get through, have no follow up and are almost impossible to reach. Over the weekend I had one of two wall connectors fail with an error display. I called the CS number in the manual and was told to leave a message (it was on Sunday and they were closed). On Monday, no call back so I call and get the same message. I leave another call back request. Later, I try again and finally get through to a very nice service person. She discusses some things I should try and then to call her back. I go try her suggestions and they fail to fix the problem. I try to call her back, straight to voice mail. I finally decide to trouble shoot it myself (I'm an engineer), I find the problem and fix it. Despite leaving numerous call requests on their VM, not one call back. I don't know if Tesla can't find enough people, is failing to hire or just isn't really interested in the add ons business and attendant customer service requirements.

I ordered 2 plug adapters but only received 1 out of the 2. I replied to the initial order confirmation e-mail, since I couldn't find anything about who to contact regarding online orders of parts.

I didn't take long to ship, but missing half the order kinda disappointing.

Found this thread and have an order question. It sounds like Tesla does ship items separately as they are available? I ordered a Wall Connector and cable organizer. The cable organizer showed 4 weeks. I'm hoping the Wall Connector will ship separately (and very soon). Based on some posts in this thread, it seems like they will ship separately?