Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla owner configurations begin

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I reserved a Model 3 on June 28, 2017 as a non-owner. We pulled the trigger and took delivery of our Model X on December 18, 2017. Now that we are Model X owners, we just received an invite to configure the Model 3 this afternoon, Feb 14. That was a nice move up from the original May-Jul expected date.

Reactions: Shygar
I’m assuming today’s batch of invites covered the last of the owner reservations? Any current (or previous) owners still unable to configure?

I’m a current owner of one Model X. My second reservation from 1/4/18 (which I placed... for science) is not able to be configured yet. Which I take as a good sign that Tesla is seeming to follow their word that you should only get one priority reservation per vehicle you own.

It's the same for me. I have one reservation from 3/31/16 that I can configure but am waiting for AWD. I cannot configure for the second reservation which was made 1/20/2018. I wish we knew how/if owning a Model 3 would affect the second reservation. If it did affect priority, I might be inclined to use the first reservation for the non-AWD order, assuming it doesn't push the current wait for AWD past mid-2018.

I’m a current owner of one Model X. My second reservation from 1/4/18 (which I placed... for science) is not able to be configured yet. Which I take as a good sign that Tesla is seeming to follow their word that you should only get one priority reservation per vehicle you own.

I disagree. I'm a 2-Tesla owner (2nd was purchased in 10/2017) and only 1 of my reservations can configure.

I have reserved in July 2017, but no invite yet.
Hopefully coming soon.
Also, my SR estimate is early 2019, not late 2018. :(

Update: the configurator is now working for me as of this afternoon (2/15)!
It wasn’t there this morning. No invitation emails. I am a current owner.
I am going to defer though. Waiting for Standard Range. The estimator still shows Early 2019. I hope it will be sooner than that.