Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla owner configurations begin

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Those that are not the glorious owners may never see a car until 2023. I understood the if we both ordered at the same time cutting me in line but if I wanted one today and was an owner move to the front of the line....... sorry if I can't afford a $120,000 car but I did place my order almost two years ago.....thats two years before you placed yours.....this entire thing is really just starting to stink!!!
What are you basing this on? The weirdest thing I've seen is owners getting invited to configure both Model 3s right away, but I saw an owner here who said they just reserved and had an estimated delivery date of November.

Just like Tesla fulfills orders for Model S and Model X for Europe in the early part of each quarter so they get delivered near the end of the quarter, I'm betting they are trying to fill the pipeline with cars to East coast, then backfill with West coast cars later in the month so the January numbers are as strong as possible. First week - invites to East coast. Second, Third and Fourth weeks to West Coast. A mid-January order in Oregon may be delivered before an early-January East coast order. The market really wants to see consistent growth in production numbers. Staggering things in this way optimizes deliveries by month.

Just like Tesla fulfills orders for Model S and Model X for Europe in the early part of each quarter so they get delivered near the end of the quarter, I'm betting they are trying to fill the pipeline with cars to East coast, then backfill with West coast cars later in the month so the January numbers are as strong as possible. First week - invites to East coast. Second, Third and Fourth weeks to West Coast. A mid-January order in Oregon may be delivered before an early-January East coast order. The market really wants to see consistent growth in production numbers. Staggering things in this way optimizes deliveries by month.
Except that Tesla does not disclose numbers per month, only per Quarter.
Which may instead mean that there is enough production capacity to start to fill order in other high demand area where they are ready to transport and deliver them in big quantities. They must be close to emptying the line of CA Tesla owners who want the first M3 available.

Got my invitation this morning (9:27am PT) and promptly ordered! Of interest perhaps to others is that my reservation date was 4/1 (not 3/31). I do live in the SF Bay Area and own a Model S. So looks as though they are moving past 3/31 reservations now, at least close to the factory / previous owners. (Not an employee either.) Estimate said 4 weeks.

Got my invitation this morning (9:27am PT) and promptly ordered! Of interest perhaps to others is that my reservation date was 4/1 (not 3/31). I do live in the SF Bay Area and own a Model S. So looks as though they are moving past 3/31 reservations now, at least close to the factory / previous owners. (Not an employee either.) Estimate said 4 weeks.

Interesting! Thanks. What did you go with in choices? I'm about 4-1/2 months behind you timewise in the reservation line so excited to see it moving past 3/31.

I have to admit I am a little concerned about hearing that people who ordered online are getting their invites before people like me who waited in line all night (yes I am a current owner) and ordered in store. I was the first current owner at my store in STL to reserve.
I was under the impression that people who ordered on site (and site unseen) would be getting priority.
Don't get me wrong I am happy people outside of Cali are getting invites, this is a great sign, just not sure that Tesla's process for inviting users to build is working as designed.

I have to admit I am a little concerned about hearing that people who ordered online are getting their invites before people like me who waited in line all night (yes I am a current owner) and ordered in store. I was the first current owner at my store in STL to reserve.
I was under the impression that people who ordered on site (and site unseen) would be getting priority.
Don't get me wrong I am happy people outside of Cali are getting invites, this is a great sign, just not sure that Tesla's process for inviting users to build is working as designed.
I'm not sure if I'm _the_ first owner in line in the SLC store, but probably in the first 5-10 (~50th in line iirc), and I haven't gotten my invitation yet either. Hopefully they just haven't gotten to our states yet, or it's like the CA invitations where it was seemingly random the actual order of invitations as long as you met first-day, current owner qualifications (remember @K-MTG's constant posts in this thread about 3 weeks ago?!).