Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla owner configurations begin

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't know for sure yet, but I haven't seen any Vin #s reported much over 4100 yet mentioned just-above. There hasn't been a week of 1000 output yet, only the extrapolation verbiage back in December about what it would be if they had run "those couple days" for a whole week. But what was the output? Was it 2-shifts doing 200/shift, 400/day, 5 day week? Or was it 1 shift doing 100 extrapolating to a 200/2-shift day and over 1000/wk for 5 days if they maintained the 100-per-shift rate?

The tracking sheet doesn't show any above 4000 yet, so those who can should update the sheet with recent vin #s. Model 3 Invites

84129506-6638-4DBF-B291-66D6B689AC3D.jpeg

Someone send in the drone!
They have had drones all over the parking lots counting cars and trying to read VINs from 400 feet. We see drone footage of the Gigafactory too. We need the inside scoop from a line worker to let us know the production rate and where the hangups are. Same at the Gigafactory. Iwanna see batteries flying off the assembly line like Elon said "faster than a machine gun".

The LR vs Standard breakdown seems very similar when checking the data at Model3Tracker. For all of the United States:
Code:
Battery
Standard Battery (Standard) 1788/4872 (36.7%)
Long Range Battery (Optional) 3084/4872 (63.3%)

for just CA:
Code:
Standard Battery (Standard) 420/1264 (33.2%)
Long Range Battery (Optional) 844/1264 (66.8%)
Based on that it seems that CA leans more towards First Production than the rest of the country.

Personally, I'd take these numbers with a HUGE grain of salt. I suspect that many (most?) of the entries in that database were added within a month of the reveal on 03/31/16 and likely haven't ever been updated. So they represent what people desired at reveal time, before Tesla made its production priorities known.

I updated my entry a month or so ago, did (the generic) you?

I suspect that many (most?) of the entries in that database were added within a month of the reveal on 03/31/16 and likely haven't ever been updated.

While I've not done an in-depth review, a quick look over the data shows that about half of the entries have been updated with the older entries having been updated significantly more often than the newer ones - and that makes sense as they've had a lot more time with which to change their minds.

2016-04
201604.png

2017-01
201701.png

2017-12
201712.png

Reactions: Big Earl
Didn't get a configuration email, but I logged into MyTesla and voila! Your Model 3 is ready to configure! Configured and done within seconds. Portland, Oregon. Ordered online. Owner of one Tesla (SOLD) and a 2nd Tesla that I still own.

3398 same as pdxgibby...no email, just checked my account. CA owner who place order on 4/1. invite got delayed since they prioritized a reservation that was placed in later (8/2017). asked them to correct to 4/1 invite and as the previous author wrote, voila.

Last edited:
Hawaii owner here (Model S for nearly 4 years), and I just received my invitation to configure today (1/17/2018). I placed my Model 3 reservation on-line before the reveal. I did not receive an email, I found out by checking my Tesla Account (which I do every day :)). I'll be waiting to order though, because the car is for my fiance' and she wants the white interior. But, progress just the same!

Just like Tesla fulfills orders for Model S and Model X for Europe in the early part of each quarter so they get delivered near the end of the quarter, I'm betting they are trying to fill the pipeline with cars to East coast, then backfill with West coast cars later in the month so the January numbers are as strong as possible. First week - invites to East coast. Second, Third and Fourth weeks to West Coast. A mid-January order in Oregon may be delivered before an early-January East coast order. The market really wants to see consistent growth in production numbers. Staggering things in this way optimizes deliveries by month.

Quoting myself here....but I called it.